Constant loading/buffering on 4K movies over wired connection, no problem on wireless
TV Model: Sony KD 60X8300F
Android TV version 8.0
Kodi Version 18.3
Wired Connection Speed Test: ~600-700Mbps
Wireless Connection Speed Test: ~180-200Mbps

I have my TV connected to my home gigabit network via a cat 6 cable and the media source in Kodi is my shared movie folder on my windows 10 PC(SMB). While on a wired connection 4K movies(mkv, hevc x265) load/buffer every few seconds, it seems to only happen with 4K movies as all the 1080p ones I have tested so far work fine. Funny enough, when I switch the TV to the wireless connection there is no loading/buffering problem whatsoever playing the same 4K movies. The cat6 cable is not compromised in any way, I have tested this by connecting my laptop to said cable and everything works fine. This TV is 3 days old and all the usual internet based streaming apps work fine on the TV via the wired connection. This problem does not occur when using the TV's built in Video Player, but the same problem occurs using the VLC app as well. Can anyone help me?
This TV has 100mbps Ethernet port only. You won't get 600-700mbps over it. No idea how you measured that. 802.11ac might yield higher throughput, depending on signal conditions. What is the bitrate of those 4K movies?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Constant loading/buffering on 4K movies over wired connection, no problem on wireless0