Setting audio delay on touch screen
Hi all,

I am using Kodi on a tablet (Lenovo 10 Plus - not that it matters) with connected Bluetooth headphones. Not unsurprisingly this puts the audio out of sync ... So I  set the audio ahead by about .3 of a second and then back to normal when using the speakers or wired headphones and all is good.

The issue I am having is that setting/resetting the delay is a nightmare on Kodi (ESTouchy skin) because fine control on a small slider is not that easy. I end up just mashing the general area I want to set and hopefully I will finally get a suitable delay/reset.

So – is there either a better skin with a large sider/text box to set a delay or an add in to give a larger dialog for delay setting?

Thanks for reading
Everso
(2019-09-23, 09:54)Everso Wrote: Hi all,

I am using Kodi on a tablet (Lenovo 10 Plus - not that it matters) with connected Bluetooth headphones. Not unsurprisingly this puts the audio out of sync ... So I  set the audio ahead by about .3 of a second and then back to normal when using the speakers or wired headphones and all is good.

The issue I am having is that setting/resetting the delay is a nightmare on Kodi (ESTouchy skin) because fine control on a small slider is not that easy. I end up just mashing the general area I want to set and hopefully I will finally get a suitable delay/reset.
So – is there either a better skin with a large sider/text box to set a delay or an add in to give a larger dialog for delay setting?Thanks for readingEverso
Not exactly what you were looking for but you could make a touch macro that simulates the touch at exactly the right spot on the slider and execute it with a gesture with for example the tasker app. You could even go so far and simulate all the touches through the menus to get to the slider in this macro so using the gesture does all the needed touches to set it to 0.3. Instead of a gesture you could also link it to your bluetooth headphones beeing connected and reset it when disconnected.
Alternatively you could try to edit the skins xml files to resize the slider.
If that does not do the trick for you you could edit the advancedsettings.xml like described here: 263770 (thread)
and have tasker rename the file when your bluetooth headphones connect/disconnect so the files is only found by kodi when you need the delay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting audio delay on touch screen0