NFS not working with Synology
Hi,

I made all the required settings o my Synology 1815+ that's mentioned here and also here
but when I go to Kodi and browse then select and click ion Network File Server (NFS)
nothing showing, I keep pressing but still same even if I add my Synology IP in the network path I can't see anything.

Though I'm able to mapped and play the content of my Synology on Windows.
please help.

Thank you.
Can you reproduce here exactly what you have set in each item in the NFS rule section of the diskstation control panel for the share you're trying to access?

Are your Kodi device and your NAS on the same network? Is the Kodi installation on the same Windows PC that you mapped and played the media on?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-02-20, 23:55)DarrenHill Wrote: Can you reproduce here exactly what you have set in each item in the NFS rule section of the diskstation control panel for the share you're trying to access?

Are your Kodi device and your NAS on the same network? Is the Kodi installation on the same Windows PC that you mapped and played the media on?

Thank you for your reply,
Yes, both of Synology and Windows PC on the same network and pingable, and the installation of Kodi also in the same Windows PC that I mapped the drive of Synology.
and here is what I have set in the NFS rule:

ImageImage

And here is Inside Kodi when I try to access NFS nothing shows:

Also if I enter the IP address manually of the server I can't see any shared folder:

Also if I enter the IP address manually of the server I can't see any shared folder:
None of the images are accessible?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I already chose insert image which they are on public hosting website, let me try now to upload them locally:

There's nothing that jumps out as wrong there (at least compared to the settings I have on my 1019+ which work fine for NFS).

The only difference I can see is I share specifically to the local network (192.168.0.1/24 in my case), but that shouldn't make a difference.

Have you got anything else available that can make an NFS connection to double-check (eliminate/localise Kodi)?

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-02-21, 22:52)DarrenHill Wrote: There's nothing that jumps out as wrong there (at least compared to the settings I have on my 1019+ which work fine for NFS).

The only difference I can see is I share specifically to the local network (192.168.0.1/24 in my case), but that shouldn't make a difference.

Have you got anything else available that can make an NFS connection to double-check (eliminate/localise Kodi)?

Thank you dear,
Yes you are right I don't think specifying the local network has to do anything as I tried to put the IP instead of * but still didn't work.
It's really strange issue, and I believe either from my network like firewall or even AntiVirus/Other System Settings in the Synology because I tried to access NFS on installed KODI on both Windows and MacOS and both couldn't see anything when clicking on NFS.

I hope to be able to find the issue, do you know if there is any way to make sure that NFS is running correctly in the network, so that I can make sure that it has nothing to do with KODI.
All I can think of is to find another NFS browser or client app and see if that can see the server.

I've got basically the same set-up as you (give or take Synology model) and mine works fine.

Kodi Blog Posts
the only difference I can see on my nas, where host name or ip is,    I have 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0 

I have nfs setup on my synology, & can access it with no problem. 

what I have done a couple of times with smb, is add a network location with the user name & password for the nas. 

so, in kodi, add network location, nfs, put in ip address or synology name, add logon/user name & password. once added come out. 

then go back in, select the nfs network location & browse to shared folders. 

not the answer, but it might work.
(2020-02-23, 17:48)DarrenHill Wrote: All I can think of is to find another NFS browser or client app and see if that can see the server.

I've got basically the same set-up as you (give or take Synology model) and mine works fine.

I will check with other NFS client and see that.

I found out also Advance NFS settings, you think that might have something to do like changing the default port?
(2020-02-23, 17:59)SirajQ Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 17:48)DarrenHill Wrote: All I can think of is to find another NFS browser or client app and see if that can see the server.

I will check with other NFS client and see that.

I found out also Advance NFS settings, you think that might have something to do like changing the default port?
I don't have advanced settings enabled
My advanced settings match yours exactly.

@bubblegum57 - they're under control panel > file services > SMB/AFP/NFS via the advanced settings button at the bottom in the NFS section.

All of this is looking to me though like something on the network is blocking things rather than an issue with either the NAS or Kodi. A firewall or some setting on the router.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-02-23, 18:07)DarrenHill Wrote: My advanced settings match yours exactly.

@bubblegum57 - they're under control panel > file services > SMB/AFP/NFS via the advanced settings button at the bottom in the NFS section.

All of this is looking to me though like something on the network is blocking things rather than an issue with either the NAS or Kodi. A firewall or some setting on the router.

Since moving to Kodi 18.x (which I'm told no longer supports SMB1), I've had to specify the network path (//wdmycloudex2/) and folder share (/public) to access my NAS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS not working with Synology0