[REQUEST] Caller ID script for XBMC?
Lightbulb 
Can anyone make a working one? I cannot seem to get any of the previous ones to work and have done alot of trouble shooting.

Is there a way to have caller ID read from the DSL modem the xbox is plugged into?

I ask because My phone line is also on the same line the DSL is coming from.
It depends what DSL Modem you have.

Some (loke the AVM Fritz) can send out a HTTP command that pops up a Info Box on the Xbox and shows you the caller and a name.

It requieres some mod to be run on the AVM FritzBox before but for example in germany a reverse lookup even works and builts up a list of numbers.

Please be more specific about your setup
Mine is working. You need to have a computer with a modem that works with caller id. Then run YAC and have it broadcast to the xbox. The script I have works great with that.

J_K_M_A_N
Exactly what JKMAN says you need a server with a "DIALUP" modem that supports CID I think I put a document in with my script "XCID" how to test the dialup modem has the CID on the chipset through hyperterminal. It has to be plugged into your house phone system, I built one of the CallerID scripts long while ago theres a much stabler way, I figured out with-out python while back also, built an app also to handle it but the way you are asking adsl modem -> xbox rj45 no way is that going to happen unless you are going to code that functionality into xbmc and I've personnaly never seen an adsl modem that will support that function besides that thing above posted and doubt any standard phone network will utilize equiptment that does that function.
also tomany people dont have landlines any more all cellphones so it was pretty hard even to find people to test the software before and that was like 3-4 years ago :S
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

TeknoJuce Wrote:Exactly what JKMAN says you need a server with a "DIALUP" modem that supports CID I think I put a document in with my script "XCID" how to test the dialup modem has the CID on the chipset through hyperterminal. It has to be plugged into your house phone system, I built one of the CallerID scripts long while ago theres a much stabler way, I figured out with-out python while back also, built an app also to handle it but the way you are asking adsl modem -> xbox rj45 no way is that going to happen unless you are going to code that functionality into xbmc and I've personnaly never seen an adsl modem that will support that function besides that thing above posted and doubt any standard phone network will utilize equiptment that does that function.
also tomany people dont have landlines any more all cellphones so it was pretty hard even to find people to test the software before and that was like 3-4 years ago :S

Not true as mentioned above ;-)

Via a HTTP command a AVM Fritz!Box can send a string to one or more xboxes.

The "dialogkaitoast.xml" get's called and it shows 2 lines with the content of the string.

Try it via your Internet Browser: http://XBOX_IP/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command...BMC.Notifi cation(Header,Message)

Replace xbox_IP with the IP of the Box

Then you can find out if there is an alternative Firmware for an ADSL Modem that supports SIP&analog lines
I've yet to see in this half of the world an allowance of 3rd party dsl modems, I was not say you were wrong. Nothing I said was untruthful. "I've personnaly never seen an adsl modem that will support that function, besides that thing above posted" I was talking about the fritz box you mention just didnt specify. And yes I know about the toaster it was the other method I was speaking of that is more stable than python just wasnt going to get into it unless that guy said more details on what he exactly wanted and where he was from.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

No worries mate ;-)
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:Mine is working. You need to have a computer with a modem that works with caller id. Then run YAC and have it broadcast to the xbox. The script I have works great with that.

J_K_M_A_N

I am running yak on my last remaining windows box. What are you running on the xbox as a listener? I have been hoping that someone would port yac to linux, but it is beyond my abilities. The listener used to work under wine, but a year or so ago the tapi support got hosed and it stopped. Thanks for any assistance.
I don't remember which script it was. One of the caller id scripts. I have it load with autoexec.py at boot time. If you can't find them, I can post it on paste bin or something like that.

J_K_M_A_N
Looks like the answer is here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=yak

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Caller ID script for XBMC?0