The AVR doesn’t change the output sound automatically.
Hello everyone!

I reinstalled the operating system yesterday because I was using Linux Mint .. now Windows 10.
But when I start movies, the AVR doesn’t change the audio stream automatically,
I have to change it manually. So the passthrough is ok.. because the AVR can play.. as if Kodi was not sending the signal to the AVR when the movie start. 
(if I use the netflix app in Windows 10 it will switch automatically)

I change the Output configuration in audio settings to Best Match.
I set everything up according to Audio quickstart guide.
Or I set something wrong in Windows 10?

Thanks if anyone answers! Smile
Start off by ensuring your Windows settings are correct. See image. Then if nothing changes, provide a Debug Log which captures the problem.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-31, 09:45)Karellen Wrote: Start off by ensuring your Windows settings are correct. See image. Then if nothing changes, provide a Debug Log which captures the problem.

Thank you for your quick reply.
"Unfortunately" everything is set this way. Smile
(2020-07-31, 09:42)Gerdei0826 Wrote: But when I start movies, the AVR doesn’t change the audio stream automatically,
Ok, create a Debug Log that captures the problem you describe above. Follow the guide... Debug Log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-31, 09:42)Gerdei0826 Wrote: doesn’t change the audio stream automatically,

What exactly does this mean? what doesn't change?
(2020-07-31, 15:11)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2020-07-31, 09:42)Gerdei0826 Wrote: doesn’t change the audio stream automatically,

What exactly does this mean? what doesn't change?

Okay, I found the error... Audio passthrough does not start initially if Adjust Display Refresh Rate is enabled. When "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" is selected, audio passthrough does not initially start working and the audio output is PCM. While the movie is playing, the movie can be paused and bringing up the audio menu and see that Audio Passthrough is enabled. While in the movie, disabling passthrough and then re-enabling causes passthrough to work correctly.

Any idea?
Try setting the refresh rate delay to something like 2.5 seconds. Off the top of my head I think it's in Player settings /Video.
(2020-07-31, 21:51)FXB78 Wrote: Try setting the refresh rate delay to something like 2.5 seconds. Off the top of my head I think it's in Player settings /Video.

I tried but no change.
(2020-07-31, 21:46)Gerdei0826 Wrote: When "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" is selected, audio passthrough does not initially start working and the audio output is PCM.
Are you sure? If you enable Sync playback to display this automatically disables Passthrough. Check that setting.
My Signature
They are right, some GPU's have sound issues when changing refresh rates.

(2020-07-31, 23:37)Gerdei0826 Wrote:
(2020-07-31, 21:51)FXB78 Wrote: Try setting the refresh rate delay to something like 2.5 seconds. Off the top of my head I think it's in Player settings /Video.

I tried but no change.

Did you set it to the maximum?
Could you provide a debug log_file (wiki) as I think this could be another instance of this issue https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15490

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The AVR doesn’t change the output sound automatically.0