Solved New TV - No Signal
Hi

I installed Kodi 18 on Debian Buster and it worked fine with my old Samsung TV. Unfortunate after 7 Years my Samsung is dieing so i bought a new one.
Now if I boot with the new TV, LG 4k by the way, I am geting no Signal on HDMI1. I can boot with Samsung T, switch the cable to LG and  it works. Only if I boot with LG I get "No Signal."

This is how I installed my Kodi: (this is just a guide for me so I can later remember what I did)

Debian 10 aka Buster
* SSH server
* standard system utilities

Login as root

nano /etc/apt/sources.list
##############################################################################
#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 10.4.0 _Buster_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1 20200509-10:26]/ buster contrib main
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main non-free
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main non-free

# Kodi 3party repository
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org buster main non-free

apt-get update -oAcquire::AllowInsecureRepositories=true
apt-get install -y --allow-unauthenticated deb-multimedia-keyring
apt update -y
ip
apt install -y sudo

nano /etc/sudoers
# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
kodi  ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

sudo usermod -a -G cdrom,audio,video,plugdev,netdev,users,dialout,dip,input kodi

exit

sudo apt -y update && sudo apt -y upgrade && sudo apt -y autoremove

#Static IP
sudo apt install resolvconf
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
#############################################################################
# iface enp6s0 inet dhcp
iface enp6s0 inet static
    address 192.168.XXX.XXX
    broadcast 192.168.XXX.XXX
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.XXX.XXX
    dns-nameservers 192.168.XXX.XXX
#############################################################################

sudo systemctl restart networking
sudo systemctl restart resolvconf

# AMD drivers
sudo apt install -y firmware-amd-graphics firmware-linux firmware-linux-nonfree libdrm-amdgpu1 xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu

# Grafic enviroment with lightdm & kodi
sudo apt install -y xauth xorg xinit xserver-xorg-core xserver-xorg xserver-common lightdm kodi

sudo apt -y update && sudo apt -y upgrade && sudo apt -y autoremove

# Boot without 5 sec timeout
sudo nano /etc/default/grub
GRUB_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_TERMINAL=console

sudo update-grub

sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
[SeatConfusedeat0]
autologin-user=kodi
autologin-user-timeout=0
session-setup-script=/usr/bin/kodi

sudo reboot

And here is my Debug Log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/miyuyecela.kodi

My guess is this here
"2020-09-13 23:49:07.325 T:140528555457728    INFO: GUI format 1920x1080, Display HDMI-1: 1920x1080 @ 119.94Hz"
My guess is LG can work only between 50 and 60 Hz and now Kodi is starting with 119.94Hz.
But I have no idee why my system is thinking LG can more and and starts with 1920x1080 @ 119.94Hz and how can I make it to start with max. 60Hz.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for helping me
Try: Start kodi and after it is started, from a DISPLAY exposed shell:

xrandr -r 60
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-09-14, 08:33)fritsch Wrote: Try: Start kodi and after it is started, from a DISPLAY exposed shell:

xrandr -r 60

I did it before with
 xrandr --output HDMI-1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00
to set the right rate but I got 
Can't open display
You need to export the display before. That's why I wrote it. export DISPLAY=:0

See your distribution manual.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Maybe it have something with xorg? After a little research I find out that the new version from xorg do not need xorg.conf. But it does not work right.
I tried  to create my own xorg.conf in /root/  https://paste.kodi.tv/alebutifag but still no signal....

Here is my Xorg.o.log

https://paste.kodi.tv/qaqocuwimo

Just a moment I have n idea how can i fix it.
(2020-09-14, 15:16)fritsch Wrote: You need to export the display before. That's why I wrote it. export DISPLAY=:0

See your distribution manual.

Thanks I will try it.
I am just a linux beginner and because of Kodi i want go deeper in to linux. After years with Kodi I don't want miss it. 
I am very grateful for this software and that it is still open source/ freeware.
The TV probably does support 120 Hz. My LG OLED does. The EDID from the TV provides the available modes supported by the TV.

From your Xorg log:
log:

[ 5.083] Ranges: V min: 24 V max: 120 Hz, H min: 30 H max: 135 kHz, PixClock max 305 MHz
[ 5.083] (--) modeset(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 300000KHz
[ 5.083] (II) modeset(0): Not using default mode "1920x1080" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)

Your HDMI port is limited to 300 MHz. It doesn't support HDMI 2.0, so it won' t do the 4K modes. If you look at the list of available modes printed in your Xorg log after that, the 120 Hz mode doesn't appear. That's probably the rejected bad mode clock mode. HDMI 1.4 is supposed to support 1920x1080@120 Hz, but your card or the drivers you're using might not support it.
(2020-09-14, 15:57)yasij Wrote: The TV probably does support 120 Hz. My LG OLED does. The EDID from the TV provides the available modes supported by the TV.

From your Xorg log:
log:

[ 5.083] Ranges: V min: 24 V max: 120 Hz, H min: 30 H max: 135 kHz, PixClock max 305 MHz
[ 5.083] (--) modeset(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 300000KHz
[ 5.083] (II) modeset(0): Not using default mode "1920x1080" (bad mode clock/interlace/doublescan)

Your HDMI port is limited to 300 MHz. It doesn't support HDMI 2.0, so it won' t do the 4K modes. If you look at the list of available modes printed in your Xorg log after that, the 120 Hz mode doesn't appear. That's probably the rejected bad mode clock mode. HDMI 1.4 is supposed to support 1920x1080@120 Hz, but your card or the drivers you're using might not support it.
Obviously this is not a Kodi problem, thanks for the answers.
I tried with debian re-installation, just lightdm it does not work, same issue.
Now I have 2 possibilities, to try, somewhere, to set up max 60Hz or try other graphic card.
First part still in progress, if I find something I will post it here,
second part: any suggestions for a good htpc graphics card?
And again thanks for your time.
A new graphic card did the job. Instead my old Ati Raedon HD 6450 I tried Intel Mesa DRI.
And it works again.

Thanks!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New TV - No Signal0