Kodi 18.8 crashes when trying to add media source, lost media source on update
I updated from 17.xsomething to 18.8
Kodi forgot about my music and crashes when hitting file in the initial screen music category. I went into the settings to re-add the media source but kodi also crashes when hitting music there. Same thing occurs on Android.
Video works, pictures work.

Both music and video are on the same NAS, the MariaDB is on the NAS. Kodi also lives as a portable version on the NAS and Win 7 SP1 or Win 10 doesn't matter.

In the debug log I see errors regarding my audioencoders in the addon directory. Along the lines of
ERROR: CBinaryAddonBase::ADDON::CBinaryAddonBase::LoadAddonXML: file 'M:\Kodi\addons\audioencoder.flac' doesn't contain a valid add-on type name (xbmc.audioencoder)
same for lame, vorbis and wav
The majority of my music files are flac, so I guess I'd like workable encoders.

Furtherdown I see errors regarding
ERROR: SQL: Can't create database for copy: 'MyMusic60' (1007)
ERROR: Unable to copy old database MyMusic60 to new version MyMusic72

Shortly before the end of the log there's a warning concerning.
WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(sources) in sources://music.tbn

So I'd say I have a problem with the music database. Would dropping it help and how'd I get it recreated if so?
I solved the audio encoder issue (by updating them via the addons interface).
My database issue remains.
I dropped both DBs mentioned above, kodi thankfully added whatever it needed on the next start up and rescanned the library when I told it to add my music source to the library.
It now works again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.8 crashes when trying to add media source, lost media source on update0