Refresh Recordings listing
Hi .. Currently my tv/recordings listing contains a lot of recording that no longer exist . That is because we frequently watch some of these recording on another computer with another KODI installed on it. After watching, I delete the recording on that computer. 
But, these deleted recording will remain listed on the other computer. 

The question is obvious : How can I refresh the tv/recordings listing such that it removes every thing that no longer exist?
I guess my questions may be obvious too.  What pvr are you talking about and are you deleting them via a pvr client or via the file system.

Martin
Hi Martin , thanks for your reaction.. 
I use dvbviewer pvr with the dvbviewer media server as interface and the kodi plugin for that. 
I mostly use the delete option that comes with the context menu in the recordings listing of kodi. That removes the item from the listing in Kodi on the computer it is delete from. (We use that only to view recordings on another location of the house, so the recordings were not made with that one) But when I move to the other computer (the one that does the recording and has the pvr connected), the deleted recording are still listed there. 
However , occasionally, I also delete the complete recording files from the folder in windows. The same thing happens then, the deleted recording will still be listed in  Kodi tv/recordings .
Your answer is better posted in the dvbviewer forum.   The reason I asked is I know it works in pvr.nextpvr but it can take a minute or two for all connected clients to get the information from the backend.   If the file gets deleted manually through the filesystem there would be different setting on how the and when the file is removed from Kodi.  If a share goes offline that isn't the same as a delete.

Martin
Hi Martin and all other Kodi experts,

thanks again for your suggestion .. I explored the DvbViewer path for answers without success. And .. to be honest .. there is something that needs to be explained first that has nothing to do with whatever pvr client :
Obviously, the tv/recordings listing in KODI can contain recordings that no longer exist!! It is easy to check, delete some of the files in the recordings folder using Windows or whatever other platform you use, go back to KODI and the just deleted files are still listed there!! How is that possible? Apparently, that recordings listing comes from the content of some db which is not updated with the actual content of the recordings files location . One would think that some kind of 'refresh/ update/ rebuild' of the tv/recordings listing would exist ?! I can't find it ... The only thing that comes close is to use the delete option of the context menu in KODI, that removes it from the list in KODI and also deletes the file in the recording folder. 

Martin you also suggested , I think correctly, that KODI gets this data from the pvr backend (which does the actual recording) and that a certain time is involved to get both the backend and kodi data correct and synced. That suggest that if I wait long enough  .. it will become correct .. not so .. even days waiting .. nada
It shouldn't need much explaining.   The list comes from the backend and the addon triggers Kodi to update timers and recordings.  I can't help you with how DVBViewer implements this and I am not suggesting that it will work if you wait.   Restarting Kodi should be enough to get an update list.

The responsibility for removing file system deletes is up to the backend not the addon. 

Martin
The backend is responsible for taking care of the housekeeping. I use a different PVR backend that has an option to scan the rec db for non-existing items. It seems that dvbviewer can do this too:

http://en.dvbviewer.tv/wiki/Webinterface_-_Recordings

ps: deleting recordings from within kodi PVR menu's should cleanly delete these and all clients should be presented with the same (correct) recordings list. I only use this option when someone deletes stuff from a file manager because I was lazy setting permissions Wink

Regards,
Atreyu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh Recordings listing0