New sync watch status add-on - Looking for testers
I've put some effort in recently to produce an add-on to synchronise video library watch status between multiple kodi devices. The main purpose is to give you the ability to pause on one device and continue watching a film or tv show in another room.

I'm now looking for some testers. Ideally, owners of multiple kodi devices!

To install the add-on please follow the installation instructions on Github

If you're willing to help, please try it out and report back any bugs. It would be helpful if you can let me know how many devices you have and the platform types (i.e. linux, windows etc)

Thanks!!
Kodi already has a PoC for syncing multiple Kodi devices. We're using MySQL/MariaDB as a centralized database server.

I don't get why people are to send PMs to you. This is a forum for OPEN communication.
Keeping things behind the curtains is not helping anyone.
(2020-11-18, 22:05)Klojum Wrote: Kodi already has a PoC for syncing multiple Kodi devices. We're using MySQL/MariaDB as a centralized database server.

I don't get why people are to send PMs to you. This is a forum for OPEN communication.

Thanks. I've edited the post and removed reference to PM.

Are you talking about the mysql video library back end or something different? My add-on doesn't rely on additional software installation or database server
Happy to test as I'm interested in this! 

Am running several Raspberry Pii's using Librelec and an xbox 1 version..

Thanks
Thanks @EngineerPeter for offering to help test

Add-on should be ready to release for test by next week
(2020-11-18, 22:05)Klojum Wrote: I don't get why people are to send PMs to you. This is a forum for OPEN communication.
I totally disagree with this concept from a developer's perspective.  The forum is a great place to solicit potential users but not necessarily the best place to discuss pre-release features which may never be released and discuss alternative.    Kodi Team uses slack for a reason and it is not to keep things behind a curtain.

Martin
(2020-11-24, 10:55)djbloc Wrote: Thanks @EngineerPeter for offering to help test

Cool. Looking forward to being able to help...
(2020-11-24, 21:11)emveepee Wrote: Martin

Apples and oranges IMO. Plenty of Kodi addons are only handled via the forum, Team Kodi via Slack mostly handles Kodi core functionality.
(2020-11-24, 22:28)Klojum Wrote: Apples and oranges IMO. Plenty of Kodi addons are only handled via the forum, Team Kodi via Slack mostly handles Kodi core functionality.

For me the difference is simply scale.  There is nothing wrong with either public or private development  Most of my PR and addons got through private development and testing first and the choice is not something that should required moderator involvement. 

Martin
You are on the Kodi forum. It's not your forum.
And right now you are hijacking someone's thread.
Quick note to say the add-on is now available to test.

To use the add-on requires registration to "group" your kodi devices together. Eventually, the intention is that you would be able to self-register through a website but for now this has to be done manually. Send me a PM and I'll send you the details required.

Feedback on the add-on itself please reply to this thread

Thanks
(2020-11-24, 21:23)EngineerPeter Wrote:
(2020-11-24, 10:55)djbloc Wrote: Thanks @EngineerPeter for offering to help test

@EngineerPeter it should now all work after rebooting your kodi devices. Let us know if it works for you or you have any difficulties.

Thanks for testing
(2020-12-24, 13:02)djbloc Wrote:
(2020-11-24, 21:23)EngineerPeter Wrote:

@EngineerPeter it should now all work after rebooting your kodi devices. Let us know if it works for you or you have any difficulties.

Thanks for testing
Works for me; but, i'm having issues with my broadband provider so I need a local solution (family freaking out about netflix et al having serious lag).  Have managed to get mySQL working here and will be using that going forward..
Thanks EngineerPeter. Hope you have more success then I did with mySQL. For us it seem to create more issues then it fixed. We reverted back to using the default sqlite db and was a catalyst to developing this add-on to keep the devices around the home sync'd.
The add-on has now been added to Github

I've changed the registration system so doesn't require PM any more.

To install please follow the installation instructions on Github.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New sync watch status add-on - Looking for testers0