Android Fix for FireTV Kodi v18.9 producing audio with what sounds like "wow and flutter"
Information 
This post is info for other Kodi 18.9 users.  I've solved the problem, but I thought I'd post the solution for others...

I could hardly believe my ears when I updated to Kodi v18.9 on my Fire TV Gen 2. I could have sworn I was hearing a great deal of actual wow and flutter! But this is, of course, impossible without a mechanical component somewhere along the line.

So I tried changing lots of different settings, to no avail. The "Threshold for pitch correction" seemed the most likely setting to produce what I was hearing. It was set at 2 and I've never been able to change it to zero in the past, because when I tried, it showed an error message then forced the value back to two. Fortunately, now in v18.9, if you change it to zero, you still get a warning but Kodi keeps it at zero nevertheless.

When I did that, the "wow and flutter" stopped completely.
It basically means, that your video playback is so unsmooth, that audio gets compensated. Additionally the video clock is so in accurate that you hear the up and downs - sounds really bad.
Any Debug Log available that reproduces the issue?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-12-17, 23:18)fritsch Wrote: It basically means, that your video playback is so unsmooth, that audio gets compensated. Additionally the video clock is so in accurate that you hear the up and downs - sounds really bad.
Any Debug Log available that reproduces the issue?
However, the problem occurred on every one of my videos, which are all stored on my local NFS network (I gave up on SMB a long time ago). This happened even when there was no other activity on any of my machines aside from my network server. I asked a couple of people if they could hear it too, to ensure I wasn't imagining it, but they could hear it as well.

And if your hypothesis is correct, I don't understand why setting "Threshold for Pitch Correction" to zero completely and utterly fixed the problem.
Yeah. I won't explain it, as you still did not post your Debug Log and that is wasting everyone's time.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fix for FireTV Kodi v18.9 producing audio with what sounds like "wow and flutter"0