Back on Viewtype Options menu affecting listview underneath
Hi in MyVideoNav.xml, I have

xml:
    <defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol>
    <menucontrol>3000</menucontrol>

The container with id="3000" is my viewtype options menu which opens in a window above the view.
In this menu, I have 

xml:
<onback>50</onback>

I think I've always had this and with no problems, but I notice since rebuilding my views that this command works fine on any view EXCEPT the the container with "id" 50. When that one is visible, pressing back causes a backpress on the container INSTEAD of the viewtype menu, which is unaffected. Everything else works as normal and other views work fine.

If I remove the onback entirely, it then does the same behavior on every view.

Is there a best practice for what to put here? I tried Close but that causes a complete crash...
unsure.
but since you have the focus on menu control and onback on id 50 have its issues .
( so i doubt conditions will work e.g. control is visible)

but may try before

<onback>menu</onback>
<onback>SetFocus(50)</onback>

one option could be make the menucontrol a hidden button with onfocus action(s) and put your currently menucontrol in an custom dialog

so that the onback closes dialog and prevent the unwished effect in container 50
(unsure if you need some circumstance if a user like to use 'm' key )
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2020-12-30, 10:04)mardukL Wrote: unsure.
but since you have the focus on menu control and onback on id 50 have its issues .
( so i doubt conditions will work e.g. control is visible)

but may try before

<onback>menu</onback>
<onback>SetFocus(50)</onback>

one option could be make the menucontrol a hidden button with onfocus action(s) and put your currently menucontrol in an custom dialog

so that the onback closes dialog and prevent the unwished effect in container 50
(unsure if you need some circumstance if a user like to use 'm' key )
Thanks, I'll give that a go!
I just ended up giving focus to a button control that passes focus back to 50 and that did the trick, thanks for the idea!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back on Viewtype Options menu affecting listview underneath0