Access external HD in Kubuntu
Exclamation 
I have succesfully installed Xbmc under Kubuntu 8.04 but when adding sources I can not find my external (ntfs) drive, however they are (automatically) mounted under my os. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Please post a full debug log on ie http://www.pastebin.ca because it *should* work, also note that you dont need to add an external drive as source it should automagically be added by itself.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Look in /media/. If it's auto mounted, then it'll be mounted in there.
return null;
Hi,
I have the same problem. XBMC will not find an external HD. The OS finds it and it is mounted under /media/, but I cannot browse to it in the XBMC add source function. The HD is a 500GB Seagate FreeAgent. I managed a work around by using the add a network location and linked to it in my smb network link via a windows machine. So XBMC can find it on the network but not on the local machine. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Access external HD in Kubuntu0