Solved Unable to install zip files via SMB to Mac from ATV4 running Matrix v19
I just installed Kodi v19 Matrix RC1 on my Apple Tv 4 (previously had v17.6 installed).  I have an SMB share folder on my Mac that I typically connect to from Kodi on the ATV in order to have access to downloaded zip files (addons, skins, repos) and media.  After some difficulty, I managed to get a File Manager source setup which connects to the shared folder on my Mac.

When I try to install from Zip and select the Mac SMB from sources, I'm able to view all the files and folders, but when I select any zip file to install, it fails due to "invalid structure."

Any ideas?
(2021-01-22, 21:40)eengert Wrote: it fails due to "invalid structure."

Possibly a difference in supported versions by the add-on(s).
(2021-01-22, 21:45)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-01-22, 21:40)eengert Wrote: it fails due to "invalid structure."

Possibly a difference in supported versions by the add-on(s).
No, these are all addons or skins that are compatible with Matrix.  It just won't install anything from my Mac.  It won't even install a repo from a zip.
try forcing SMBv1 in settings, seems a common problem on Catalina and higher
(2021-01-22, 21:40)eengert Wrote: I just installed Kodi v19 Matrix RC1 on my Apple Tv 4 (previously had v17.6 installed).  I have an SMB share folder on my Mac that I typically connect to from Kodi on the ATV in order to have access to downloaded zip files (addons, skins, repos) and media.  After some difficulty, I managed to get a File Manager source setup which connects to the shared folder on my Mac.

When I try to install from Zip and select the Mac SMB from sources, I'm able to view all the files and folders, but when I select any zip file to install, it fails due to "invalid structure."

Any ideas?

What method did you use to install v19?
(2021-01-23, 04:54)nigelf Wrote:
(2021-01-22, 21:40)eengert Wrote: I just installed Kodi v19 Matrix RC1 on my Apple Tv 4 (previously had v17.6 installed).  I have an SMB share folder on my Mac that I typically connect to from Kodi on the ATV in order to have access to downloaded zip files (addons, skins, repos) and media.  After some difficulty, I managed to get a File Manager source setup which connects to the shared folder on my Mac.

Any ideas?

What method did you use to install v19?

I side loaded it via Xcode from my MacBook like I always have done with previous versions of Kodi on my Apple TVs.
(2021-01-22, 23:04)kambala Wrote: try forcing SMBv1 in settings, seems a common problem on Catalina and higher

This did the trick.  I had set the min version to SMB v1, but originally had left the max version at SMB v3.  When I set both min and max to SMB v1, I'm now able to connect successfully to the built-in SMB share on my Macbook.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to install zip files via SMB to Mac from ATV4 running Matrix v190