Android Problems with Kodi Android Tv 7.1, the interface is never displayed (kodi 17, 18, 19)
Note: I am using google translator, please any problem to understand my post, ask and sorry for the inconvenience.

I am trying to use kodi on an android 7.1 smartv that I just bought. The problem is that whenever I start the app, the loading screen ends, the screen turns black as if the TV had temporarily collapsed, and later it only shows the wallpaper, but does not show menus or any way to interact with the application. . Even if I exit the app and open it again, there is a gray screen.

I tried Kodi version 18.9, downloaded directly from the playstore, then 18.7, 17.6 from apk mirror, and then kodi 19 matrix pre-releases from the official page. I tried a few forks, hoping one would work. They all had the same problem.

At this point I suppose it is a problem with my television, but the tv runs other apps without problems. I thought maybe it was a matter of compatibility, but if it was not compatible, the app would not appear in the playstore (or so I think).

My TV is from a local brand, but it is essentially a Realtek ATV with RTD284x board, 4x ARM cortex A53 @ 1100 MHz architecture. 1gb of ram and 4 of storage. Android tv 7.1. It is an inexpensive and modest TV, so I thought it was a matter of capacity, so I tried an old phone with similar features to my TV in processor and memory, and the application runs without problems, so theoretically it is not a hardware issue (or so I think)

I tried other solutions such as resetting my factory tv, or clearing the application cache. No positive results.

Anyway, I have not managed to get kodi to work. I am interested in running version 18 onwards to test imputstream adaptive

Any ideas what may be causing the error and solutions? it is the only application with which it occurs.
Good morning,
Yesterday I bought a LED TV Royal RLED-4321SM.
Unfortunately I have the same problem.
After startup the splash is displayed and then nothing happens.

Best bet.. dont use the 'smart' features of your TV and get a simple box you can run Kodi on.  Most built in Android implementations are on low-spec hardware, are very buggy and are just put together well enough to just about boot and run basic programs

I would note that your 'new' TV has an Android version nearly 5 years old, which is a very bad sign

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
(2021-02-21, 19:11)jools5000 Wrote: Best bet.. dont use the 'smart' features of your TV and get a simple box you can run Kodi on.  Most built in Android implementations are on low-spec hardware, are very buggy and are just put together well enough to just about boot and run basic programs

I would note that your 'new' TV has an Android version nearly 5 years old, which is a very bad sign

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
Hi jools5000,
thank you very much for your answer.
The TV is running Android 7.1.
I solved my problem with VLC, but would have been very happy if I could have used Kodi.
My very old TV has a laptop with Linux and Kodi. That of course runs without problems.
That can also operate my wife and therefore I wanted the same handling on the other TV.
I don't know if this is solved. I searched from all the list because I have the same issue.
But luck for me, I can run 17.6 in my SMART TV. All the other new versions do not work.
Could I get the solution?

Thanks
(2023-03-13, 11:00)mannetcom Wrote: Could I get the solution?
Ehh... Buy a different TV? We have absolutely no details of your current TV, so it is just impossible to know where to start dissecting the problem.

Otherwise, get a cheap separate Android box to run Kodi on. Plenty of TVs have Android firmware that have been altered and compromised by the TV manufacturers.
Thanks for your reply! I tried 17.6,it is ok. But the next version, 18.0, has the issue. Maybe something changed that caused the trouble. After the front page when running 18.0, nothing on screen. But I can hear the sound when click the remote control. Seems the app is running but can not show on screen. I really like Kodi, if can solve, please try.
Thanks again.
Try to post your Debug Log via adb. If 17.6 worked - your firmware might not like testing audio codecs ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Try this: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Android/job...bi-v7a.apk
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you so much! Yesterday night, I found the release of new version. I installed 20.1, it is working!!! (20.0 is still not ok)
Now, I have no urgent request to solve the issue~~
Hope KODI more and more better!
Bad News...
Again, today, when I turned on the TV, KODI 20.1 was also down... There is nothing on screen but blank. I can use remote control to close the APP because I remember the position when the App is ok. Used "Up" and "Confirm" twice, I closed the App. It means the App is running but I can not see on screen. I got the kodi.log both for 17.6 and 20.1. But I can not post on Hastebin, maybe blocked.
My scree refresh rate showed in 17.6 is 50Hz. Don't know if it related with this issue.
How can I send the files to you? Please advice.

Thanks.
Actually I have a very similar issue, but different. 

I can always install any version to my SONY 2021 Android TV. But after one or two months, it stops working: nothing happens after the splash screen -- sometime splash screen doesn't even show up. I have tried to forced stop, clear cache, clear data, helped a bit, but none of them solves the problem. wonder what could be the reason?
(2023-03-13, 16:46)fritsch Wrote: Try to post your Debug Log via adb. If 17.6 worked - your firmware might not like testing audio codecs ...

Hi, I uploaded Log in Paste.kodi.tv. Both the workable 17.6 and no screen showed 20.1. Please help to check. Thanks.
Don't know why the refresh rate was set at 0.000...

2023-03-15 00:19:32.670 T:22411    info <general>: CAndroidUtils: SetNativeResolution: : 1280x720 [email protected]
(2023-03-15, 02:29)mannetcom Wrote:
(2023-03-13, 16:46)fritsch Wrote: Try to post your Debug Log via adb. If 17.6 worked - your firmware might not like testing audio codecs ...

Hi, I uploaded Log in Paste.kodi.tv. Both the workable 17.6 and no screen showed 20.1. Please help to check. Thanks.

I did not see your logs anywhere ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Kodi Android Tv 7.1, the interface is never displayed (kodi 17, 18, 19)0