Solved Kodi 19 - Software renderer = no video output
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue.  Kodi has just upgraded to Matrix and when I went to play a movie the sound was spot on but the picture was black.  Changing the renderer back to Auto brought the picture back, but also brought back the frame skipping that the software render had stopped.  The hardware/device drivers etc haven't changed, just the version of Kodi.  is this a known issue or am I just special Smile

Windows 10 Pro 20H2
AMD Athlon X4 845
Nvidia GT710 (2Gb)

A copy of the log file can be found HERE

Thanks in advance for any help
Rob
Same thing happened to me also. Software rendering has no picture. Sounds and subtitles still work. Only change was update to Kodi 19.

Windows 10 Education, latest updates.
Ryzen 2700x
Nvidia 1080 gtx, latest drivers.
(2021-03-07, 02:03)Gravelrash Wrote: known issue or am I just special
We all know you are specialSmile Looking at the log there is a lot of background activity that suggest the system is scraping http web sites for meta-data etc., with some delay. Suggest settings in the video player, refresh off, sync off, DXVA and DXVA2 on and it looks like you have wasapi & pass-through already toggled. Turn all scraping and artwork gathers off and utilize those functions on a manual basis when you're not watching videos.
@Hiluksi

A proper debug log in your own fresh thread post, with a short summary of  the issue, hardware and connections would be nice. Your issue might have the same appearance that the o/p displays, but given your hardware, the suspect is not indicating the o/p's problem.
Did a complete clean re-install (uninstalled and deleted app data) and now everything works just fine.
(2021-03-13, 12:13)Hiluksi Wrote: Did a complete clean re-install (uninstalled and deleted app data) and now everything works just fine.
+1, but alas can't mark this thread solved as long as the op (Gravelrash) hasn't called back.
(2021-03-13, 23:32)PatK Wrote:
(2021-03-13, 12:13)Hiluksi Wrote: Did a complete clean re-install (uninstalled and deleted app data) and now everything works just fine.
+1, but alas can't mark this thread solved as long as the op (Gravelrash) hasn't called back.
Sorry for the delay, I didn't get to the bottom of it so I upgraded the PC instead, ok, not the most cost effective way of fixing the issue but it has fixed it Smile

Cheers!
Quote:not the most cost effective way of fixing the issue but it has fixed

A fix is a fix, I'll take it.

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 - Software renderer = no video output0