Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2 (Matrix 19.0), causes issues
I have a HT computer with a separate video card. Several of my movies were getting a green screen when I went to play them, fresh install of Kodi, Matrix 19.  I tried changing the render method to software, but that did not work.  So, I changed the render method to auto detect, and the "allow hardware acceleration - dxva2" to "off".  That worked.  Normal move, no green screen.

Are there video cards that don't work well with this?  I have an Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 2048 MB GDDR5 memory. 

Is there a benefit to using the hardware acceleration, and, if so, any way to get my video card to work?  (I just updated to the latest drivers.)
(2021-03-14, 00:13)ctviggen Wrote: a benefit to using the hardware acceleration
Putting dedicated routines into chips should be faster in most cases allowing the CPU to handle other routine tasks. In some cases, the gfx engine is not faster when the CPU is brought into the mix and Kodi allows for one or the other and in the case of auto-detect, should pick the set-up most likely to achieve performance. The auto-detect can be in error (check your debug log) , and manually selecting render method sometimes will overcome media identification issues. These days with 4K h265 UHD all pushing the boundaries of hardware, I can see limitations with my Nvidia GeForce GT 1060/6gb and suggest setting 'whatever floats your boat'.
I'm also using GTX 1060/6gb with an i5-haswell and experienced the same "green" image when playing movies. But my CPU reaches nearly 100% when disable the "allow hardware acceleration - dxva2", so some stutters occur. Maybe I have to upgrade to a more powerful CPU.
Wait, none of this sounds right?  I use a GTX 960 4GB and it plays every single thing I throw at it perfectly with no stutter aka (judder) or any other malfunction.  Allow hardware acceleration - dxva2 is enabled.  It has to be in order for your GTX to hardware decode.  I'm also using the latest drivers and all the previous and never encountered a green screen.  Your 1060 should work every bit as good as the 960.  The 1030, I'm not so sure about?  Post your nVidia Control Panel 'Change Resolution' settings for a start and I'll try to help you help yourself.  You do not want to use how they are defaulted fwiw.  Also your native display resolution.  If you're using PJ's, I can't help you.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I've got a GT 1030 and plays everything I can throw at it from SD to 50Mb/s 4K HDR

It would be better to post a debug log and mediainfo to explain whats happening

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow hardware acceleration - DXVA2 (Matrix 19.0), causes issues0