Kodi 19 add movie set
Hello, I would like to automatically add fanart and poster when I add a new movie set to Kodi but they don't show up when I add movie set

I saw this link : https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets_artwork

But I don't really understand...

is it what I have to do ? : create a Movies- Sets Art folder in my hdd where I want then I  add the folder with my movie set name (which is : Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Trilogie) and in this folder I add the fanart and poster .jpg file.

Thanks
(2021-04-01, 14:14)Bungee_G Wrote: But I don't really understand...
Yes the wiki's don't make it clear enough IMHO. Matrix has changed things around a bit and some stuff is auto-magic.

So let's use the 'universal scraper' and ensure 'get set information' is enabled along with your settings of choice.

Set Kodi settings>videos to show movie sets, and location of your movieset folder.

Grab the add-on Artwork Dump for Matrix. It's pretty early in it's code history, but works for me.

At this point any future sets you scrape will automatically added to your 'set's and placed artwork will show. Now here's the rub, sets that you have previously scraped will have to be refreshed to be part of this new method, the good part e.g. if you have a set of 3 videos, scraping only one should allow the set artwork to pull, just be sure the artwork is saved to your defined location.
Fwiw, I've never used a dedicated folder for sets.  Not for artwork or titles.  Usually, when I add a new movie, it automagically is added to an existing set.  If I have one movie and at some point I add a sequel, a set is automagically created containing both movies.  Occasionally, sets might not be created automatically so I manually create and name them in the Kodi GUI using the manage tab in the context menu.  Artwork for a new set is hit and miss depending what is in the scraper database.  If there isn't set artwork available, Kodi usually defaults to the 1st title artwork contained in the set.  Sometimes I grab set artwork using the info window choose art tab.  It displays available selectable remote set artwork which works great if you didn't like what defaulted.  Sometimes there's many choices and other times none.  I use Universal scraper and Artwork Dump too as mentioned.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-04-01, 14:14)Bungee_G Wrote: I saw this link : https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets_artwork
Try this... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set_information_folder

(2021-04-01, 19:22)PatK Wrote:
Quote:
Yes the wiki's don't make it clear enough IMHO. Matrix has changed things around a bit and some stuff is auto-magic.
What exactly is not clear? Maybe you could help by clearing it up?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
So I tried to add the folder named Movies- Sets Art
And Set Kodi settings>videos to show movie sets, and location of your movieset folder.

But, I can’t name my movie set is name
Code Geass: Lelouch of the rebellion - trilogy while folder in windows don’t support the « : »

So what can I do ?
Leave it out... or try a comma, or try a dash, or try a period.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Are you using local artwork, or are you relying on the scrapers to provide the artwork?
If you have no local artwork, then no need to use the movie set folder.

If you are relying on the scrapers to provide the movie set artwork, and no artwork is displayed after scraping, have you checked TheMovieDB and fanart.tv to confirm artwork is available? Provide the links and I can check also.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-04-01, 20:49)Karellen Wrote: Are you using local artwork, or are you relying on the scrapers to provide the artwork?
If you have no local artwork, then no need to use the movie set folder.

If you are relying on the scrapers to provide the movie set artwork, and no artwork is displayed after scraping, have you checked TheMovieDB and fanart.tv to confirm artwork is available? Provide the links and I can check also.

I do everything with MediaElch so local but MediaElch has some issues with scraping movie sets posters and fanarts (but not with movie sets names) and the creator said he was fixing the issue...
So I am trying to add locally without MediaElch the fanart and poster movie set
(2021-04-01, 20:34)Bungee_G Wrote: Code Geass: Lelouch of the rebellion - trilogy while folder in windows don’t support the « : »
Geass_  Lelouch of the rebellion - trilogy
(2021-04-01, 20:58)PatK Wrote:
(2021-04-01, 20:34)Bungee_G Wrote: Code Geass: Lelouch of the rebellion - trilogy while folder in windows don’t support the « : »

So if I name the folder like what you said, have I to change the movie set name ?
(2021-04-01, 20:27)Karellen Wrote: What exactly is not clear? Maybe you could help by clearing it up?
Perhaps it's just the way it's written or my interpretation.

FTW: The advancedsettings.xml method of whitelisting artwork has been removed in v19. yet under Movie sets artwork (wiki) and aka artwork whitelist) to the advancedsettings.xml file along with the attention to Universal Movie Scraper. Then we see further down the page "starting with Kodi v19. The artwork whitelist above must be configured" although there is a link to future Matrix, one could misconstrue this as meaning it's required now.
(2021-04-01, 20:58)PatK Wrote:
Oh thanks it worked !
(2021-04-01, 21:04)Bungee_G Wrote: So if I name the folder like what you said, have I to change the movie set name ?
What is the name of the movie set at TheMovieDB, and have you changed that name in your nfo files from what is shown at TheMovieDB?
My Signature
(2021-04-01, 21:18)PatK Wrote: FTW: The advancedsettings.xml method of whitelisting artwork has been removed in v19. yet under Movie sets artwork (wiki) and aka artwork whitelist) to the advancedsettings.xml file along with the attention to Universal Movie Scraper. Then we see further down the page "starting with Kodi v19. The artwork whitelist above must be configured" although there is a link to future Matrix, one could misconstrue this as meaning it's required now.
Sure, understand. But everybody expects the wiki to magically update and nobody bothers to contribute. Does everybody really expect me to update 300+ pages in a flash on my own? I don't have the time anymore, and others need to help out.

And the page is certainly still tagged as v18, so it is current for v18 and not updated for v19.
My Signature
(2021-04-01, 21:20)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-04-01, 21:04)Bungee_G Wrote: So if I name the folder like what you said, have I to change the movie set name ?
What is the name of the movie set at TheMovieDB, and have you changed that name in your nfo files from what is shown at TheMovieDB?

I don’t know if TheMovieDB has the movie set but I named it as I wanted...
In any cases, what @PatK work
So thanks for your help everyone !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 add movie set0