Addon update flow
I was under the impression that when Kodi did an update to an addon (e.g. a skin) - it would essentially remove the contents of the entire addon folder, and put the new files in.  Meaning that any excess or old files were cleaned up as part of the process.

Is that impression wrong, or has that changed in relatively recent times?  As I am relying on that behaviour in an addon of mine.

If that has changed, when did it change, and what was the reasoning?  It seems like sensible behaviour to me.  Is there a PR I could look at?

Thanks!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
@howie-f has been working on the add-on engine. He might know
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
i've just tested it with a skin and it does delete the entire folder first before installing the update.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Great, thanks @ronie
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon update flow0