Req Fullscreen mode button in Kodi Remote
Hello! Please add a button to enable full-screen mode. On a computer keyboard, this is the "\" button. But I didn't find similar button in Kodi Remote. This is a very necessary button! Thank you for your attention!
(2021-08-07, 22:06)Fairchild Wrote: Hello! Please add a button to enable full-screen mode. On a computer keyboard, this is the "\" button. But I didn't find similar button in Kodi Remote. This is a very necessary button! Thank you for your attention!
Hi, I looked into the code and this is already implemented -- it is just not documented on the remote's help screen. You need to longpress the upper right icon on the remote. I marked this on the screenshot (the screenshot is taken from the beta version and shows the new icons, but it also works with the current remote on AppStore):

Buschel, Wow! Unexpectedly! Thanks a lot!
App Store Kodi Remote 1.10.1(3317) on Apple iPd Air 2  iOS 14.8

I tried the long press suggested above by the inage is not enlarged to fill the screen.

The presvious App store version did fill the screen.

How can I track down what I am doing wrong.
@pteeson, just tried quickly with a few combinations of App (current beta build on iPhone, 1.10 and 1.10.1 on iPad simulation for iOS 14.5 and 15.2) and Kodi (19.4 on Linux and an older 20.0 build on OS X). All worked as they should for TV Show playback and a photo slideshow. Can you share more details on the Kodi version, the setup you use and the exact use case? Are other longpress functions working (e.g. showing Codec Info when long pressing "i" on the remote)?
Thanks for replying. Here is some more info.

App Store Kodi Remote 1.10.1(3317) on Apple iPad Air 2  iOS 14.8
Kodi is installed on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ which is running Pi OS a.k.a. Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) Kernel Linux 5.10.92-v8+.

The System Information as shown by Kodi is:
Version 19..4.0 Git:20220315-cpde65b422 Compiled 2022-03-20. System memory 400MB/730MB. Free 328MB

Screen is a 10 Year old Toshiba 55" TV connected via HDMI to the RPi.

The USE CASE is playing videos from my collection which have all be loaded onto my Early 2009 Mac Pro Mojave 14.6
The videos are accessed from kodi via UPNP/DLNA and the server on my Mac is Serviio v2.2.1

Other than the new version of Kodi remote this setup has be performing flawlessly for many years and many versions of Kodi and RPi/Debian

I'm a retired programmer if that is relevant.

respect

Peter
P.S. of the 4 buttons around the circle the Home and left pointing Arrow work. The two right hand i and parallel lines don't sem to.

I don't use Kodi for anything else except watching my movie collection.
Thanks for the details. Nothing seems special about this setup, especially not when it comes to the current observed problem. I also now tested with iPad Air 2 iOS 14.5 simulator: works.

Can you try to send the command to toggle fullscreen directly? For this please go to remote, press the gear icon, go to "more" aka "...", select "Execute a specific action", then scroll down to "togglefullscreen" and select. Please do not filter and then select (there is a bug which will be fixed with the next version), but scroll and select. This will send the same command as if you would long press the upper right remote button.

Is the toggle button working when only tipping it (not long pressing)? It should toggle between a video being shown in the full Kodi window and a menu showing the playing content in the background.

Also helpful will be, if you could install TestFlight and install some of the older builds (see TF build for Kodi Remote App). There are still 3 builds available which reflect the step wise changes from 1.10 to 1.10.1 and even the 1.10 is available for checking. Is there a specific version where this starts to fail for you?

Lastly and just to exclude such problem: Is the touch display working properly? Same buttons do not work, if you rotate the pad?
Thanks for your reply. To be sure we are on the same page when I refer to screen it is the iPad screen I'm talking about. When it's the TV screen I will specify it.
I have taken a bunch of photos using my Android phone which I can zip up and send to you if you wish.
Don't know how to post them here and anyway probaby takes up too much space on the forum.

(1) I did the "Execute specific action" , "toggle full screen." All that happened is that a green header showed up saying "Action completed succesfully".
(2) By toggle button I asume youare referring to the "i" ? All that happened is that the TV screen added a horizontal space across the bottom showing a frame of the movie, whether it was pausd or playing, and text saying not available.
Bizzarely the toggle button at the bottom right hand corner does exactly the same thing.
(3) Where do I find Test Flight?
(4) The link you provided "TF Build....." has only 1 post
(5) How can I revert back to the previousversion of the Remote? I am not at all comfortable with the present screen layout on my iPad.

respect....
P.S. I found Test Flight. However Python is not one of the languages I have used.
Forget Python... it looks like Obj-C.

OK I downloaded Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS-1.10.1.zip, unzipped and opened it in Xcode, connected up my iPad Air 2 tried to build for iPad2,

But there is one error: /Volumes/Data/Downloads/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS-1.10.1/XBMC Remote/DetailViewController.m:5192:29: Property 'backButtonTitle' not found on object of type 'UINavigationItem *'

I'd be pretty interested to know how the App Store has the 1.10.1(3317) but there is an error which would not permit compilation for iPad Air 2
(2022-06-03, 00:33)pteeson Wrote: Thanks for your reply. To be sure we are on the same page when I refer to screen it is the iPad screen I'm talking about.
Oh, we were not on the same page then. I was always talking about the TV screen. Glad we're now figured this out. Wink

Now about your problem again: Is this about the remote itself which is not shown as part of the so-called stack view, but as a centralized overlay? Or is this about something else? You can also provide screenshots to explain.

If this is about the remote screen itself: this was meant to change and cannot be changed back by the user. During the test phase the feedback was in general quite positive, so it was kept.
(2022-06-03, 00:33)pteeson Wrote: (3) Where do I find Test Flight?
(4) The link you provided "TF Build....." has only 1 post
TestFlight is an App which you can install to your iPad from the AppStore. If you then use the invitation link which is given in this post, you get access to the Kodi Remote App Beta Software -- also allow to access some of the older builds. There is no need to compile anything via XCode.

(2022-06-03, 00:33)pteeson Wrote: (5) How can I revert back to the previousversion of the Remote? I am not at all comfortable with the present screen layout on my iPad.
To my knowledge this is not possible via AppStore. If you're lucky, you can go back to the last 1.9 in TestFlight, which still uses the older layout. But I do not know if TF will force an update, if the old version is outdating. I never kept older versions this long.
pteeson Wrote:But there is one error: /Volumes/Data/Downloads/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS-1.10.1/XBMC Remote/DetailViewController.m:5192:29: Property 'backButtonTitle' not found on object of type 'UINavigationItem *'

I'd be pretty interested to know how the App Store has the 1.10.1(3317) but there is an error which would not permit compilation for iPad Air 2
The code definitely compiles with XCode 12 and 13 -- the AppStore version was built with XCode 12, the current TestFlight version already used XCode 13. Maybe you used an older version of XCode with an older SDK?
Quote:But I do not know if TF will force an update
it doesn't unless you opt-in explicitly for that
(2022-06-03, 11:23)kambala Wrote: it doesn't unless you opt-in explicitly for that
Ok, but oldest builds are 1.10 so I guess the changes are already in these builds as well.
we publish ipa files for older versions, any of those can be installed: https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Re...S/releases

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fullscreen mode button in Kodi Remote0