Linux kodi crash when mark as watched or unwatched
Hi,

I am running libreelec+kodi 19.1 on my dell pc box(7080mff, i7) as HTPC. Most functions work well except for one bug. Every time when a movie/tv video finishes playing, kodi crashes and restarts. (Libreelec does not reboot, only kodi restarts)
At first, I suppose it is something wrong with playback. But once I found that when I manually stop playing a video while the video is played less than a half time, kodi does not crash. If the video has played nearly to the end, kodi crashes.
So I guess maybe "mark as watched" causes the crash. So I tried manually marking a video as watched and marking a watched video as unwatched. Both operations cause crashes.
The crash log file is pasted here:
https://paste.kodi.tv/iladebolud.kodi

Other information about my kodibox:
1. The libreelec that I installed is v9.2. Recently I upgraded to v10. The crash bug remains the same.
2. I use kodi with jellyfin addon. The video library is added via jellyfin add-on. Jellyfin playback mode is set to "addon"
3. I use embuary skin for my kodi. I tried changing the interface to default Estuary, the crash bug remains the same.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks
(2021-09-03, 15:05)toogle Wrote: Hi,

I am running libreelec+kodi 19.1 on my dell pc box(7080mff, i7) as HTPC. Most functions work well except for one bug. Every time when a movie/tv video finishes playing, kodi crashes and restarts. (Libreelec does not reboot, only kodi restarts)
At first, I suppose it is something wrong with playback. But once I found that when I manually stop playing a video while the video is played less than a half time, kodi does not crash. If the video has played nearly to the end, kodi crashes.
So I guess maybe "mark as watched" causes the crash. So I tried manually marking a video as watched and marking a watched video as unwatched. Both operations cause crashes.

1. The libreelec that I installed is v9.2. Recently I upgraded to v10. The crash bug remains the same.
2. I use kodi with jellyfin addon. The video library is added via jellyfin add-on. Jellyfin playback mode is set to "addon"
3. I use embuary skin for my kodi. I tried changing the interface to default Estuary, the crash bug remains the same.

Thanks

The crash is caused by a stack overflow due to an endless recursion it seems. Calling thread seems to be a python add-on.
(2021-09-03, 17:19)ksooo Wrote:
(2021-09-03, 15:05)toogle Wrote: Hi,

Thanks

The crash is caused by a stack overflow due to an endless recursion it seems. Calling thread seems to be a python add-on.

Thanks for the comment. I will try to disable every add-on one by one to check whether some addon causes the crash.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi crash when mark as watched or unwatched0