No TrueHD passthrough with 19.3 on SHIELD TV Pro
There is no sound with 19.3 for Dolby TrueHD passthrough on my SHIELD TV Pro.

Temporary solution:
  • uninstall 19.3
  • install a downloaded APK of 19.2
  • configure it to use Android IEC Packer (instead of Kodi IEC Packer)
Like this I get audio but after a short while it gets auto-updated to 19.3 and audio is gone again.

Is there a way to pin the version to 19.2? 

What files can I check for problems?
Turn off auto-updates on the Shield.

And TrueHD works fine on my Shield TV with v19.3.
So is this a thing/bug or not?  Setting up a new 2019 Shield TV Pro with KODI and need to know which version of KODI to install.

Thanks!
a simple possibility would be to use the official addon "kodi android installer". with it you can download and install updates. the addon is installed from the kodi repo ->addons->install from repository-> kodi add-on repository->program addons->kodi android installer. the desired kodi build can be installed in the add-on, for example the current "matrix nightly".
(2021-11-27, 07:30)bluestang Wrote: So is this a thing/bug or not?

What: no TrueHD or the Shield auto-updating Kodi?
Having just gone through fixing the stuttering audio bit on my Shield Pro as well as other weirdness by clearing old Kodi caches, I'll cut the player some slack. The dev team at Kodi should have picked that up, but, hey, the software is free so I can't bitch too much.

The Shield Pro is not the problem.

The problem is the Android TV platform. Seeing how bad most of the software on it is as well as how poorly designed the UI/UX for the platform is, it's taking me back to 1988 when I bought my first and only PC. Then I bought a Mac after using one at work and loved that, but a lot of software still sucked to use and would bomb regularly.

I'm seeing the exact same thing with the Android TV platform now, but it's much worse. Android TV is like Windows 3.1... it ain't good.

So you know, I design the front ends of enterprise web apps for a living (Comcast, Walmart, Merck, etc).

Kodi still needs a bunch of improvements, but the competition is a few miles back from what I've seen. On the odd occasion, I use VLC as a back-up player. It's basic and works on almost everything when Kodi balks at an MKV, but the video quality (frame rate processing) is not as good (it indiscriminately drops some frames here and there).

One thing I can say about Kodi is that the video always looks very smooth regardless of whatever else is screwing up.
I have the same problem, with truhd on nvidia shield pro, after upgrade to kodi 19.3 matrix. How yousolved this ? I try with clear cache but the problem persist.
(2021-11-27, 22:52)jeffreyhenning Wrote: Having just gone through fixing the stuttering audio bit on my Shield Pro as well as other weirdness by clearing old Kodi caches, I'll cut the player some slack. The dev team at Kodi should have picked that up, but, hey, the software is free so I can't bitch too much.

The Shield Pro is not the problem.

The problem is the Android TV platform. Seeing how bad most of the software on it is as well as how poorly designed the UI/UX for the platform is, it's taking me back to 1988 when I bought my first and only PC. Then I bought a Mac after using one at work and loved that, but a lot of software still sucked to use and would bomb regularly.

I'm seeing the exact same thing with the Android TV platform now, but it's much worse. Android TV is like Windows 3.1... it ain't good.

So you know, I design the front ends of enterprise web apps for a living (Comcast, Walmart, Merck, etc).

Kodi still needs a bunch of improvements, but the competition is a few miles back from what I've seen. On the odd occasion, I use VLC as a back-up player. It's basic and works on almost everything when Kodi balks at an MKV, but the video quality (frame rate processing) is not as good (it indiscriminately drops some frames here and there).

One thing I can say about Kodi is that the video always looks very smooth regardless of whatever else is screwing up.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3075503

Or install build of this thread:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=365127

Or Matrix nightly:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android...8a/Matrix/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No TrueHD passthrough with 19.3 on SHIELD TV Pro0