setup Kodi for the first time on my Firestick/ configuring Kodi on Windows and syncin
Hi
I am trying to setup Kodi for the first time on my Firestick, but the whole process is just painful to do using the controller or app. I was wondering if I could do the setup on my windows machine and eventually export all the settings to it once I am happy.
Is it possible to do so? Will it work with a simple backup and restore from somewhere in the menu?
(2021-12-02, 09:36)Drexie Wrote: but the whole process is just painful to do using the controller or app

That's certainly a new experience that we've heard, "just painful". I have no Firestick experiences, does it have an onboard File Manager? Alternatively you could use Kodi's own File Manager to transfer certain files once the correct sources have been set in place. Which "all settings" are you referring to? Backups/restores from different OSes that run Kodi can be tricky because of, for example, how file paths are named.
Copying over the userdata guisettings.xml file should contain all most common settings, should that be a problem, deleting the file will revert back to default (it rebuilds next launch). Most other files like sources.xml will have paths that don't make sense to a FS, but can be manually edited with your fav text editor.
(2021-12-02, 09:36)Drexie Wrote: the whole process is just painful
Gadzooks, took me all of 10 minutes. What's to set? Default is what most use anyway, everything else is going to be localization for the stick. Suggest you look carefully at my signature link for 'Caution add-ons you install'. Note this is a window support forum, FS support is best handled in our Android forum, I knew you knew... but just a reminder; we like to keep things neat.
Hi
I got this asnwer:
Install kodi in windows and set it up exactly as you like. Install ~~~ ~~~ and make a backup. Upload this backup to your chosen cloud service. Or you could host on github. Install kodi on android, install ~~~ ~~~ and restore backup to your kodi device. Simple.
@Drexie

That wizard (and all wizards) are banned from this forum. Please read our Forum Rules and view our example list of Banned Add-ons (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setup Kodi for the first time on my Firestick/ configuring Kodi on Windows and syncin0