v19 How can i pick up changes of an altered nfo?
I did a quick search to see if this question was already on the forum somewhere... I cannot believe i would be the person dumb enough to have to ask this...but here goes... 

I have altered a group of movies to add a specific genre via TMM. I thought just simply doing a scan of my library would pick up the changes, but that does not seem to be the case. However, I have noticed that if i "Reload" a specific movie with the updated genre list, it will show the new changes. 
Without having to "Reload" the entire library...or every movie that i've added a new genre too...is there a quick scan that can be done to pick up altered genre tags that are listed in an nfo? or other pieces of information about a movie that has changed?
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
Looks like you've found the manual refresh from the local .nfo, to do this with an entire source, would be to delete the source, do a library clean (optionally changing the source path will also do this). Then re-state the source, and specify the local scraper for the scan (you don't have to use the local scraper, but should their be any anomalies there will be a web scrape).
A variation on the above is to open the context menu on the source, change content option select to none, and close the source dialog (leave all items in library), then open context again and set content back to movies (or whatever) and then allow a rescan.

scott s.
Thanks both for the reply....both cases are a little overkill for what i'm after, just looking for a way to pick up changes in an nfo without manually refreshing each movie that's changed.... if i were changing something more drastic or library wide i would go this route, but for simply adding genre tags to a group of movies, 25 movies to be exact... sounds like manual is my best option in this case. though i ahve concerns about doing this on a broader scale...50-100 -200 movies...that could turn into a chore.
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
There are alternative ways to change the Genre, instead of editing nfo files.

Install the Metadata Editor from the repo, and change genre's directly in Kodi.
or
Use the Chorus2 Web browser and change genre from the web interface.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can i pick up changes of an altered nfo?0