Heavy screen tearing on new windows 11 laptop
Hi all,

My mom got a nice new laptop for Christmas.  It is a Dell running windows 11 with an AMD Ryzen 5000 with AMD Radeon graphics and 8 or 16GB of ram...  It is a touchscreen 2 in 1 laptop/tablet.  Whenever Kodi is running and you press the windows key to surf internet or whatever, there is heavy screen tearing (see images).

I've tried other full screen programs like running Genshin and toggling to the start menu or chrome and there are no issues.  This just appears to be an issue with Kodi version 19.3 (I downloaded the recommended x64 version today).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
(2021-12-26, 04:47)jryan15 Wrote: Whenever Kodi is running and you press the windows key to surf internet
Kodi is not the best at multi-tasking another program, it's quite intensive with media and usually saturates the gfx engine, try full screen mode (press the | key to toggle).
Appreciate the input. I've used kodi for many years long before it was kodi on countless devices probably pushing 100 setups from xboxs, cell phones, to servers. This laptop is probably the most powerful unit I've used, and I have never seen this kind of screen teardown. I regularly multi-task on far weaker devices. Surely there is something else going on which is hopefully preventable.
The suspect is likely the shared gfx memory that most laptops use, looking at the image, and you see some of it makes sense, then it devolves into a scramble of data, as if the gfx engine is picking up the wrong memory blocks, or the parameters of the graphic move is wrong. The fix is likely to be in a driver, or some o/s patch that addresses protective gfx memory, nothing to do with cpu power or Kodi. I would try something like processor explorer to clean out unused memory, or if possible allocate more shared memory.
Thank you for the tips! I'll look until these items!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Heavy screen tearing on new windows 11 laptop0