Win Using external filters or having a LFE slider.
Hello to everyone,
I'm pretty new to Kodi, I've always used MPC-HC but I'm starting to switch to kodi.
I really like it but I have an audio issue. When I use my headphones on MPC on the LAV filters I had a LFE slider to increase the sub bass, but since Kodi doesn't use the LAV filters I can't seem to find it and basically in the downmix the LFE information is completely lost. Is there a way to force the LAV filters or libdcadec ffdshow in Kodi?
I already know the existence of Kodi Dsplayer but since I using a old pc no stream movies it's not really powerful to use Madvr renderer.
So I thought to 2 possible solutions:

1) Using Kodi video player and force Lav audio filter or ffdshow

2) Using Dsplayer with Lav Filter and try to Force Kodi video renderer.

Hope someone can help me.
Kind regards
The standard Kodi version is not and never will be a directshow player, so it will never use external lavfilters or ffdshow.  You won't find any support for that in this thread.

Kodi DSPlayer is a branch that IS a directshow player, but you'd have to post in it's dedicated thread for help setting ut up and configuring it:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223175

Cheers
TRJB
Thanks a lot for your exhaustive answer, that's what I want to hear. Actually the point is that on my old laptop it's a positive things that it's not a directshow player since all the movies runs smoothly at 1080p but I only need a way to figure out if I can add the LFE to the downmix of whatever faudio filter Kodi is using. Is there a way to solve this? Or am I losing time?

Kind regards.
So  isn't there really a way to add LFE to the stereo dowmix without using Kodi DSPlayer?
(2022-01-09, 07:31)Danielz54 Wrote: So  isn't there really a way to add LFE to the stereo dowmix without using Kodi DSPlayer?
Try the settings suggested here https://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_quickstart_guide for PC Speakers (2.0)... not much more you can try, I'm afraid.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using external filters or having a LFE slider.0