• 16(current)
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi
(2023-08-05, 00:41)VisionaiR Wrote: I just released an app to make it easier to start a game from Moonlight by using the appid as a parameter on android. It makes things easier to integrate AKL or IAGL to Moonlight
check it out here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=374011
Nice work! But AKL already has Moonlight/Nvidia gamestream support. You can download and install the plugin for AKL and the only manual part is having a correct certificate for the pairing.
Have a look at the code at https://github.com/chrisism/script.akl.nvgamestream . Feel free to use/add here.

Although for the AKL plugin you only need the Moonlight/Sunshine/Nvidia Gamestream parts, there are many ways to do the server/PC side.
I myself use it with running Playnite on the PC. I dont start it through steam though, just directly Playnite. I have created a simple script plugin for Playnite that updates the Sunshine library each time the Playnite library gets updated, to keep it in sync.
The AKL plugin takes care of scanning the Sunshine library and adding all the games to AKL. The AKL plugin launcher automatically picks the corresponding entry for Moonlight and starts the client.
Have a look
(2023-07-27, 03:10)yawningapples1 Wrote: I'm trying to migrate from AEL but the Import Category/Launcher XML configuration file tool seems to be broken - it does not allow me to select one exported by AEL. As a test I also tried with one exported by AKL and it wouldn't let me either. Any workaround?
Did you use the xml files from within the addon_data directory of AEL? Those should work for the import.
Hi!
First of all, thanks for this great tool. I can't live without it!
I have a strange problem, I'm on kodi 20 on windows. When I try to launch a game in retroarch, all libretro cores work without problems except mame, that games don't start.
It's strange because in AEL works great, but in AKL is not working. Everything seems to be correct...

Would you have any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!
(2023-08-07, 11:52)isgahe Wrote: Hi!
First of all, thanks for this great tool. I can't live without it!
I have a strange problem, I'm on kodi 20 on windows. When I try to launch a game in retroarch, all libretro cores work without problems except mame, that games don't start.
It's strange because in AEL works great, but in AKL is not working. Everything seems to be correct...

Would you have any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!
What is the MAME launcher configuration in AEL? Perhaps it uses some special retroarch property.
I don't think so... It's the same config as ael uses.
Retroarch.exe "path to mame core" -L "%rom%".
The strangest thing is that any other core runs great, even in AKL. Same config in AEL runs also great in mame.
I'm getting crazy but I can't find any clue to think I'm doing sth wrong... Confused
Hi and thanks for a great addon! When I have paired the gamestream plugin with my gaming PC, I get a prompt where I have to choose a client (moonlight-pc java or moonlight-chrome) what file should I choose here? I couldn't find any info anywhere on what to do at this step

thanks in advance
Hi.

I use Kodi on Ubuntu linux.
But cant by any means start Supertuxkart from AKL.
Tried add Standalone ROM with external launcher many times, but no dice Smile

Can any say how to for stupid me?
I just installed this on my Nvidia Shield and I have absolutely no idea how to get this started.

The official guides for installation and setup are probably from from 1985. At least I don't see any options to setup collections, a hierarchy, ROM paths or anything that the wiki promises.

All I see when starting this add-on in Kodi is an overview that says
<Favourites>
[Most played ROMs]
[Recently played ROMs]
Browse by...
Global Reports
Utilities

All of these options lead to empty dead ends. None of them offer any options for me to setup anything.

I am most likely too dumb for this and there is no documentation whatsoever.
Hey there, curious if someone can help me use this app to launch Minecraft. For instance, let's say I have a shortcut to launch the game... how can I use Advanced Kodi Launcher to trigger the link from a menu item in Kodi?
@noiseordinance
Quote:Hey there, curious if someone can help me use this app to launch Minecraft. For instance, let's say I have a shortcut to launch the game... how can I use Advanced Kodi Launcher to trigger the link from a menu item in Kodi?

This is how I add game shortcuts (assuming Windows):
  1. Open AKL, press 'c', and add a new category called 'Games'
  2. Go into the Games category, press 'c' again and 'Add new ROM (standalone)'
  3. It will ask if it's directly launchable. SAY NO. I don't get it either.
  4. After naming and saving the new item, highlight it, press 'c' and 'Edit ROM'
  5. Select 'Add new launcher to ROM', then 'Application Launcher'
  6. Now find the shortcut .lnk file
  7. DELETE "$ROM$" from the application arguments. Just leave it blank.
  8. You should be good to go. Depending on your theme, you can add the 'Games' category to your home screen, just like movies and tv. It's super slick.
Can someone help me with Arctic Zephyr Reloaded? How do you use it with AKL?.

when I add a games tab to the main menu it just opens the menu to add a game source and not all game add-ons.

And if I open AKL from programs the views don't work as the views don't support programs.

Edit:
Forgot to say I'm using Kodi 20.2 on android 14.

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing here 🤔
(2023-08-13, 01:06)shinra Wrote: Hi and thanks for a great addon! When I have paired the gamestream plugin with my gaming PC, I get a prompt where I have to choose a client (moonlight-pc java or moonlight-chrome) what file should I choose here? I couldn't find any info anywhere on what to do at this step

thanks in advance

Hi guys, its been a while but I have been swamped in work and other stuff. I am still busy with some new changes, but due to all the work there is little progress. But lets start with answering some of the questions. Good to see you all still busy here.

So, for moonlight on windows you want to go fo the Java version if you have that version on your machine. It is outdated so I definitly need to implement support for the newer moonlight-qt version. If anybody has the CLI arguments they can pass it through or simply fork the AKL gamestream github and make a Pull request for me to update the app with it.
(2023-12-21, 22:06)tillaz87 Wrote: Can someone help me with Arctic Zephyr Reloaded? How do you use it with AKL?.

when I add a games tab to the main menu it just opens the menu to add a game source and not all game add-ons.

And if I open AKL from programs the views don't work as the views don't support programs.

Edit:
Forgot to say I'm using Kodi 20.2 on android 14.

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing here 🤔
If you add my BETA repository, you will find a fork of the Artic Zephyr Reloaded with extra views, although many are already pulled into the main version of Artic Zephyr by the creator.
So first things first is that you can swap the Games menu item with one pointing to AKL. The default Games menu option points to Kodi's own game library, so when you go to the skin settings and to customize home menu, you remove that menu item and put in a link to AKL with the title 'Games'. 
You can start AKL through either the games addons or the program addons. Although AKL works the same either way, for skins it will be seen differently. A skin associates the started addon to the type it started from and it can associated views to certain types only. To get the most supported views in Artic Zephyr Reloaded choose to start it from the game addons.
If you change it directly in xml the command is ActivateWindow(10821,"plugin://plugin.program.akl/?content_type=game",return). Another work around is going into the kodi games menu, to game addons and add AKL as a kodi favourite. Afterwards you can add the menu item and choose from the favourites list.
(2023-11-26, 01:18)EXCIDIVM Wrote: I just installed this on my Nvidia Shield and I have absolutely no idea how to get this started.

The official guides for installation and setup are probably from from 1985. At least I don't see any options to setup collections, a hierarchy, ROM paths or anything that the wiki promises.

All I see when starting this add-on in Kodi is an overview that says
<Favourites>
[Most played ROMs]
[Recently played ROMs]
Browse by...
Global Reports
Utilities

All of these options lead to empty dead ends. None of them offer any options for me to setup anything.

I am most likely too dumb for this and there is no documentation whatsoever.
Are you running Kodi in 'kiosk' mode perhaps? Can you open up the context menu? One a computer with keyboard (win, linux, chromebook) it is done by pressing the 'c' key. This should show you all the options needed, like 'Add Category'. On an Android TV box you will need to press the OK button of your remote for a longer time to open up the context menu.

If this doesnt show up the context menu it could be either that Kodi is running in kiosk mode or some kind of button mapping issue with Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=359441).
(2023-11-20, 16:40)srekkas Wrote: Hi.

I use Kodi on Ubuntu linux.
But cant by any means start Supertuxkart from AKL.
Tried add Standalone ROM with external launcher many times, but no dice Smile

Can any say how to for stupid me?
You can create either a .sh or .desktop file that launches the game. Within the .sh file is the particular command as (bash/shell) to startup the game. Then use the standard app launcher with the standalone ROM and point to that particular file.
You can see the .sh or .desktop as something similar as a .lnk or batch file on windows. It is simply a reference to the application. Currently AKL standard launcher needs an existing file to point to for launching.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi0