• 203(current)
Beta Arctic Horizon 2
(2024-04-29, 23:47)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-29, 16:40)ChocOranger Wrote:  If you use Favourites, depending on how you use them, you may need to set up a skin shortcut to favourites ie a menu item pointing to them.
All favourites will kept in v21.
(2024-04-29, 22:49)AchillesPunks Wrote: Will you be updating the Favourites to FavouritesBrowser and setting my MyFavourites.xml to the skin later on?
I'm not involved officially with the skin in anyway. It's all thanks to jurialmunkey.

If I use FOSS I try to give something back and in this case it's trying to help people that have issues or difficulties with Arctic Horizon. It's a fantastic skin that I've extensively modified to my taste so I know some areas of the skin reasonably well and I try to help where I can.

I don't use favourites so haven't looked at what's needed to change to MyFavourites but what you can do is remap favourites see https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidTV...?context=3, it's a different skin but should work.

It's a great pity jurialmunkey doesn't want to spare a bit of time to add what for him would be relatively small changes for things like favourite v21 changes. The script bases between fuse and horizon share a lot of script. For anyone else new to any skin's scripts it can be, and usually is, extremely difficult to trace back where changes are needed.

Thanks for a fantastic skin jurialmunkey.
Ohh, I thought you were taking it over. I know how to to make the changes to get favorites up to date. I just haven't really looked around in this skin.
I just completed it on my skin last weekend.

Sorry for the confusion.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2024-04-30, 00:23)AchillesPunks Wrote:  
(2024-04-29, 23:47)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-29, 16:40)ChocOranger Wrote:  If you use Favourites, depending on how you use them, you may need to set up a skin shortcut to favourites ie a menu item pointing to them.
(2024-04-29, 22:49)AchillesPunks Wrote: Will you be updating the Favourites to FavouritesBrowser and setting my MyFavourites.xml to the skin later on?
I'm not involved officially with the skin in anyway. It's all thanks to jurialmunkey.

If I use FOSS I try to give something back and in this case it's trying to help people that have issues or difficulties with Arctic Horizon. It's a fantastic skin that I've extensively modified to my taste so I know some areas of the skin reasonably well and I try to help where I can.

I don't use favourites so haven't looked at what's needed to change to MyFavourites but what you can do is remap favourites see https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidTV...?context=3, it's a different skin but should work.

It's a great pity jurialmunkey doesn't want to spare a bit of time to add what for him would be relatively small changes for things like favourite v21 changes. The script bases between fuse and horizon share a lot of script. For anyone else new to any skin's scripts it can be, and usually is, extremely difficult to trace back where changes are needed.

Thanks for a fantastic skin jurialmunkey.
Ohh, I thought you were taking it over. I know how to to make the changes to get favorites up to date. I just haven't really looked around in this skin.
I just completed it on my skin last weekend.

Sorry for the confusion.
No worries Smile I don't have the time to take over the skin. 
If you fancy having a look at favourites for this skin I'm sure many would appreciate it.
@ChocOranger Not sure exactly how the git hub works, but i would think that jurialmunkey would take a look at the suggested fixes on the code that you and others have posted in the last couple of months. Some of them very good fixes that i know a ton of people still using the skin would greatly appreciate from, i know i would!

I just dont know enough about how to go about suggesting edit updates in the githib for Jurial to look over and approve. i did see that he has mentioned that hes willing to look them over, but it hasnt been submitted in the right place. @jurialmunkey is that correct and if so how would that be done properly and get some of these updates pushed? Dont mean to bring you back to this skin now that you got new projects.

I did see some recent work being done here: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...on.2/pulls

I might be wrong about suggested code changes should work, correct me if im wrong.

Thanks to all that have contributed and continue to support this amazing skin.

Have a great day!
(2024-04-29, 16:40)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-29, 03:30)dalben Wrote: I see the latest AH2 has <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.16.0" />.  It would be good to know if AH2 will be upgraded to support 5.17, or whether it just needs to have addon.xml updated, or whether that's the end of AH2 on Kodi 21.

(2024-04-29, 14:43)jkerrigan Wrote: So does upgrading Kodi from v20 to v21 mean AH2 no longer works? Sounds like there's a few reports of it breaking now.
Also, if I install Arctic Fuse in v20 and configure it, does that configuration carry over to v21 or would I need to configure it again after upgrading?

You just need to update addon.xml and the skin will work. All configurations will carry forward to v21. gui version 5.17.0 just contains some new skinning functionality that Arctic Horizon doesn't use.

If you use Favourites, depending on how you use them, you may need to set up a skin shortcut to favourites ie a menu item pointing to them.

An easy way to upgrade is:

Close Kodi.
Update Kodi to v21 but DO NOT run it yet.
Make the change to addon.xml
Start Kodi and smile as it will look the same as before.

Note: if you use Jellyfin as a server, reply and I'll give you details of how to update Jellyfin.
That's perfect, thanks! Knowing that the config carries over to v21 is useful.

I might create a dummy user, install Fuse and configure that to my liking, and then upgrade to v21. Worst case if it breaks I'll swap over to Fuse.

I use the Jellyfin for Kodi addon, is there something I need to do for that?
(2024-04-29, 20:00)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-29, 18:17)SirRickie Wrote: You write : "make the change to addon.xml". Does this mean that I only have to change the version number, and that's it ? Nothing else to change ?

(2024-04-29, 18:54)realalberto Wrote: It looks like we found the magic trick but don't know how to use it

Edit addons\skin.arctic.horizon.2\addon.xml and change the gui version as below

Code:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.17.0" />

No other changes are required.

Don't forget to smile Wink
After editing the addon.xml and changing the indicator to see the unwatched episodes, everything works great. Tnx. You're a hero. And yes, I have smiled indeed.
(2024-04-30, 15:53)jkerrigan Wrote:
(2024-04-29, 03:30)dalben Wrote: I see the latest AH2 has <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.16.0" />.  It would be good to know if AH2 will be upgraded to support 5.17, or whether it just needs to have addon.xml updated, or whether that's the end of AH2 on Kodi 21.

(2024-04-29, 14:43)jkerrigan Wrote: So does upgrading Kodi from v20 to v21 mean AH2 no longer works? Sounds like there's a few reports of it breaking now.
Also, if I install Arctic Fuse in v20 and configure it, does that configuration carry over to v21 or would I need to configure it again after upgrading?

You just need to update addon.xml and the skin will work. All configurations will carry forward to v21. gui version 5.17.0 just contains some new skinning functionality that Arctic Horizon doesn't use.

If you use Favourites, depending on how you use them, you may need to set up a skin shortcut to favourites ie a menu item pointing to them.

Close Kodi.

Note: if you use Jellyfin as a server, reply and I'll give you details of how to update Jellyfin.
Just make sure you have the latest version 1.0.2 of the Jellyfin-Kodi addon.
I didn't realise the JellyFin devs had officially released a fixed version of the add-on so no need to do anything. It used to be a manual process.
(2024-04-30, 20:11)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-30, 15:53)jkerrigan Wrote:

Close Kodi.

Just make sure you have the latest version 1.0.2 of the Jellyfin-Kodi addon.
I didn't realise the JellyFin devs had officially released a fixed version of the add-on so no need to do anything. It used to be a manual process.
I remember reading sometime ago about a bug with the movies database, I assume that's what this is about, glad to see that's been fixed then.
Thanks again for all your help!
Smile 
(2024-04-29, 20:00)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-29, 18:17)SirRickie Wrote: You write : "make the change to addon.xml". Does this mean that I only have to change the version number, and that's it ? Nothing else to change ?

(2024-04-29, 18:54)realalberto Wrote: It looks like we found the magic trick but don't know how to use it

Edit addons\skin.arctic.horizon.2\addon.xml and change the gui version as below

Code:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.17.0" />

No other changes are required.

Don't forget to smile Wink
Thanks a lot!!! Smile
@ChocOranger I'm not sure if you can help since you don't use PVR functions or if anyone else can, but I have a couple of questions:

- How can I change the default action for PVR widgets to open information instead of play? what xml files to edit?

- Would it be possible to show the Clear Logo for movie or tv show in PVR video OSD?

Thanks!
(2024-05-01, 16:31)psbguy Wrote: @ChocOranger I'm not sure if you can help since you don't use PVR functions or if anyone else can, but I have a couple of questions:

- How can I change the default action for PVR widgets to open information instead of play? what xml files to edit?

- Would it be possible to show the Clear Logo for movie or tv show in PVR video OSD?
Widgets are controlled by Skin shortcuts (I think). There's some script in includes_actions and includes_widgets but I've not played with widgets much.
I do know that this skin uses the Kodi inbuilt default action ie if you change the default action in Estuary skin it persists in Arctic Horizon. Estuary also allows a default action per widget type so that should give you a starter of how to change it.

The last page of the support thread for Skin Shortcuts contains an example of how to use overrides. It's for changing favourites but it may be useful for PVR widgets.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...4&page=140

I would have thought the Clear Logos would depend on the PVR addon you are using. No clue here though.
I'll try to wrap my head around it and figure out how this could be done, thanks!
UPDATE:  OK, managed to sort this out.  The in progress indicator is what over rides the unwatched indicator.  Turning the Progress indicator off gave me the unwatched # on all the shows.  What is strange though is that I didn't have any in progress episodes.  

New Kodi 21, Jellyfin plugin and AH2, I've got most working fine except the indicators to tell me how many unwatched episodes there are.  This is in the widgets.  Worked fine for all previous version but having inconsistent issues with unwatched now.  Sometimes I get the # of unwatched episodes, but most of the time I have a clock (?) type indicator instead of the #.  I can't work out why it defaults to one of the other.

Here's what the indicators look like for shows that both have unwatched episodes.  Does anyone have a fix for this?  Or even know why some work, some don't.
ImageImage

I'm also having trouble finding where I can choose the style of the indicators, but that may never have been an option in AH2 as I was fine with the working defaults.
(2024-05-05, 08:35)dalben Wrote: UPDATE:  OK, managed to sort this out.  The in progress indicator is what over rides the unwatched indicator.  Turning the Progress indicator off gave me the unwatched # on all the shows.  What is strange though is that I didn't have any in progress episodes.  

I raised a Github issue a few months ago about this.

I've also made some script changes to fix it for people that want Movie progress and Unwatched Episodes. As you've found out you can have one or the other.

You can find the script changes at https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3192166
(2024-05-05, 15:00)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-05-05, 08:35)dalben Wrote: UPDATE:  OK, managed to sort this out.  The in progress indicator is what over rides the unwatched indicator.  Turning the Progress indicator off gave me the unwatched # on all the shows.  What is strange though is that I didn't have any in progress episodes.  

I raised a Github issue a few months ago about this.

I've also mage some script changes to fix it for people that want Movie progress and Unwatched Episodes. As you've found out you can have one or the other.

You can find the script changes at https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3192166
Thanks Choccy, that's very handy.  When I next get the family out of the house so I can edit the files, I'll give it a shot.

UPDATE:  OK, made the changes and all works as required now.  Thanks for these little updates and fixes, they are a life saver as I can't get my head around Fuse enough to move to that.
(2024-04-20, 18:26)pri-me Wrote: Hello! Great skin jurial, esthetically pleasing and highly functional, fantastic work!
I have a small problem though. On my remote I am using separate buttons to open the EPG on a specific channel group. I am using the JSONRPC API (via Home Assistant). You can reproduce with:
Code:

curl -s --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Gui.ActivateWindow", "params": {"window" : "tvguide", "parameters": ["pvr://channels/tv/<a channel group name>"]} }' -H 'content-type: application/json;' -u "user:password" <kodi host>/jsonrpc | jq .
I works with e.g. Estuary or Embuary but with this skin, no matter which channel group parameter is given, the channel group which was selected via the GUI (e.g. the horizontal "slider" type menu above the grid) is opened. It seems the skin somehow overrides the API or something.
@jurialmunkey
  • 203(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon 20