Source code/Address
GOOD DAY PEOPLE, I JUST SIGNED UP AND NEED SOME ED-JA-MA-CATION In regard to FINDING A SOURCE CODE/ADDRESS THAT WILL WORK TODAY. I HAVE TAKEN FOUR DIFFERENT CODS FROM WEBSITES AND NONE CONNECT. PLEASE ADVISE!
(2022-08-25, 14:03)dongraham Wrote: PLEASE ADVISE!
Is the caps lock key on your keyboard somehow stuck? Because as per internet etiquette, typing all uppercase equals 'shouting'. Please don't do that.

(2022-08-25, 14:03)dongraham Wrote: NEED SOME ED-JA-MA-CATION In regard to FINDING A SOURCE CODE/ADDRESS THAT WILL WORK TODAY. I HAVE TAKEN FOUR DIFFERENT CODS FROM WEBSITES AND NONE CONNECT.
Either you are on the totally wrong forum, or you need to explain yourself a whole lot more on what type of source code/addresses you are searching for.
The source code for Kodi is available at URL address  "xbmc" git repo

scott s.
GOOD MORNING TO ALL,

I AM SO SORRY, SOME OF YOU FOLKS ARE OFFENDED THAT I TYPE WITH ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. I AM 72 YEARS OLD AND FIND IT IS EASIER FOR ME TO TYPE AND READ CAPITAL LETTERS. Furthermore, I THINK THERE MAY BE OTHERS ON THIS FORUM THAT ARE LONG IN THE TOOTH THAT HAVE BAD Eyesight.

I AM STARTING TO FEEL LIKE I DID 12 YEARS AGO WHEN I INSTALL LINUX ON MY COMPUTER FOR THE FIRST TIME. I DID NOT KNOW THE PROPER LING-GO IN ORDER TO COMMUNICATE WITH MY PEARS ON FORUMS TO GET ANSWERS.

IN ORDER FOR ME TO Set up LODI, I NEED AN ADDRESS TO A SERVER TO ENTER INTO THE AREA CALLED (ADD SOURCE). I NEED SOMEONE TO TYPE OUT AN ADDRESS FOR ME THAT WILL LET ME SET UP MY LODI. WITHOUT THAT, I CAN NOT MOVE FORWARD WITH MY SET-UP.

BY THE WAY, IS THERE A PLACE I CAN GO AND BUY AND DOWNLOAD A PRECONFIGURE READY TO GO OUT OF THE BOX, LODI?
Lodi is apparently a "fork" of Kodi, a spin-off, which does not come from Team Kodi. Any support for it you will need to get from the creators of the Lodi program.

Sorry but we cannot help you with all that.
(2022-08-26, 03:54)dongraham Wrote: AM 72 YEARS OLD
Don't think age has anything to do with the forum, members of all ages respect the etiquette of forum posts. My suspicion is that you are suffering from cataracts or some sort of retinal degeneration and need the services of a ophthalmologist (bad eyesight doesn't have to be forever, at least with medicare). Punching up the desktop or editor font size, and using the 'easy read' theme in windows should take care of the careless.

This is a forum for the software program 'Kodi' in the windows operating system (mention of Linux suggests a different support forum) , and as "Klojum" noted, it seems you have a fork or spin-off, should this be the case then there may be a 'browse' button to select the source of your media, otherwise type in C:/ and if that doesn't do it for you, let Google search be your guide.
SO SORRY, IT WAS A TYPO. I DID MEAN KODI
I AM SORRY, DID YOU THINK I WAS HERE FOR MEDICAL ADVICE.
(2022-08-31, 14:09)dongraham Wrote: DID YOU THINK I WAS HERE FOR MEDICAL
Advice would seem obvious that you do, sometimes we have to look outside the box and give support advice needed.
(2022-08-26, 16:44)PatK Wrote: Punching up the desktop or editor font size, and using the 'easy read' theme in windows should take care of the careless.
Did that help?
And we are still none the wiser with what it is you actually need help with. Setting up Kodi with your media collection does not require adding any sort of address of a server per se.

You install Kodi on to your system (you've got that far I take it?) then you add your content by pointing Kodi to where your media collection is located. This is usually done by adding the sources of your media (such as a directory on your hard drive) to set up your media library? Unless this what you are trying to do? Add your local media collection?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Dangelus, I am not interested in adding my ten terabytes of movies and shows I have on external hard drives. I am interested in setting up for streaming movies and TV shows.

When I open Kodi and go to file manager, I am asked to provide a Source. I think that is where I will find many add-ons that will enable me to stream video and TV shows. Am I right about, or is there more to it?
(2022-09-01, 10:57)dongraham Wrote: I am interested in setting up for streaming movies and TV shows.

"Streaming movies and tv shows" with Kodi is not impossible, but it also tends to be pretty illegal.
There are options to add Netflix support or other legit streaming providers to Kodi, but those obviously also need a subscription fee.
You will need to be more specific in what you want. If you only want such videos by 'simply' typing in a source URL, then your intentions are quite clear.

If you are not interested in paying such subscription fees, then our support to you on this forum ends now.
We are not here to circumvent any type of subscription or legality so you can get your movies and tv shows for free.

In which case I strongly suggest you find your movies and tv shows support elsewhere.
(2022-08-26, 03:54)dongraham Wrote: IN ORDER FOR ME TO Set up LODI, I NEED AN ADDRESS TO A SERVER TO ENTER INTO THE AREA CALLED (ADD SOURCE). I NEED SOMEONE TO TYPE OUT AN ADDRESS FOR ME THAT WILL LET ME SET UP MY LODI. WITHOUT THAT, I CAN NOT MOVE FORWARD WITH MY SET-UP.

BY THE WAY, IS THERE A PLACE I CAN GO AND BUY AND DOWNLOAD A PRECONFIGURE READY TO GO OUT OF THE BOX, LODI?

i think you have mixed add video source this is the link to your video files browse for new share then pick where your movies are
if you do not have movies you will need to goto addons and download crackle 

this skin was made for bad eye sight https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=366160

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Source code/Address0