Mulitple DVD drives
Has there been any discussion on how to deal with multiple DVD drives, either physical or virtual?
Not really. XBMC is still not able to handle multiple DVD drives equally. Meaning in the dvd detection routine we just grab the first drive from libcdio.
They should be shown as drive in the filemanager and add source but they won't autostart from it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Not sure if this should be classified as a bug or a feature request, in any case please submit a new ticket on trac for it.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I think I'll handle it as a feature request.
kricker Wrote:I think I'll handle it as a feature request.

Since XBMC is in a feature freeze wouldn't it be better to consider it a bug.Laugh
Yeah I know. But it really isn't a bug in my opinion, and I don't want to abuse the trac system Wink
Please submit it as a new feature request ticket on trac then.
http://trac.xbmc.org
I thought I did already?! http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4869
Hello,

I saw that the ticket was closed.
What is the reason?
I think this feature is very important.
Any other player can do this.

Thx

SilRe
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Whoa, resurrecting a 5 year-old thread! Smile Probably because few still use an optical drive nowadays and even fewer use multiple, so there's little interest or demand for this, and it was closed after languishing for 4 years.
I know he is 5 years old but I did not want a new thread opens up with the same information.
This is a really bad news. In Germany a lot of people use two drives. I think the effort for the adaptation would not be very high.
Is there a way to open a new ticket?
An implementation in XBMC 13 would be very nice.

Thx

SilRe
If you think the adaption would not be very high than please do it for us Wink
you need to rewrite the internal cdda://local protocol to support devices which would be easy for plain windows but needs a little bit more efford for all platforms we support.
OK on the other platforms I had not thought of. Angel
I just think it would be a real profit
At least on the basis of the number of visitors of this thread seems to be the subject of interest for many people.
But I also understand that an implementation for all systems will be quite expensive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mulitple DVD drives0