v18 Where does Kodi store sets artwork/metadata after downloading it ?
The question is in the title : I downloaded all metadata and artwork for a movie and its corresponding set using Artwork beef.

I first import the movie strm with Osmosis from PKC addon
Then scraped the movie with tmdb and get info on the movie and set
Then get all the artwork downloaded on the movie folder, I used artwork beef both for the movie and movie set
Then made a library export to get the nfo and actor thumbnails in the movie folder.

While I can see all the artwork and nfo in the movie folder, I can't find if some folder structure has been created somewhere for the set.

Am I missing something ?
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
(2022-11-19, 00:48)Lockos Wrote: I can't find if some folder structure has been created somewhere for the set.
Unless you have set up your Movie Set Information Folder, then Artwork Beef or Artwork Dump will not save the artwork as it does not know where to save it.

Set up your MSIF and try running Artwork Beef/Dump again and it will create the movie set folders within the MSIF and add the artwork... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set_information_folder
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Using v20 Nexus, for some reason I thought movie set posters that the scrapers provide were being downloaded to my local folders when I ran Artwork Dump Download.  Checking, I see they are not.  So, I want movie set posters local like all my other artwork understanding they can't be downloaded to the actual title folders but instead to its own MSIF. 

I think I need to add a Movie Art Types Whitelist for movie set posters?  What is the name I should use for the whitelist?  (moviesetposter or something?)  I have setup a MSIF that isn't inside a movie or tv show folder and pointed Kodi to it .  Then ran an export but none of my movie set folders were automatically created in the MSIF let alone the posters.  Nothing happens.  I assume because moviesetposter or something isn't whitelisted?  

I've always had artwork types in my advancedsettings.xml.  They are already bypassed and migrated into Kodi whitelist entries and downloading fine.  But moviesetposter or whatever it should be named isn't one of them.  Whatever this is supposed to be named, I will manually enter into the Kodi whitelist understanding also adding it to the .xml will probably not transfer to the Kodi whitelist.

Am I correct that I need to whitelist moviesetposter because I use the Custom artwork level and need to provide all the artwork types?  If so, what is the actual name for moviesetposter if that is not correct?
If I just add <arttype>moviesetposter</arttype> to my advancedsetting.xml will it auto add to the Kodi whitelist still or is that function depreciated as well?
Do I understand correctly movie sets I see in Kodi should be automatically created in the MSIF even though I don't have specific movie sets manually created in Windows Explorer?  All my movies are spread out across HDD's and not nestled specifically or anything.  Kodi does recognize sets and creates them though.
Is any of this related to why my MSIF is empty after exporting or could it be something else I'm overlooking?

Ultimately, I want to get my hands on the moviesetposter.jpg... copy and paste it in the title folder it relates to... assign that poster manually and be done with the MSIF until I add another set of something in the future.  I just like all my artwork in the title folders they correspond with.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2022-11-19, 21:36)brazen1 Wrote: I think I need to add a Movie Art Types Whitelist for movie set posters? 
No. Movie Sets use the same whitelist as Movies. Movie Sets use the short artwork name. (poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, clearlogo.png etc)

(2022-11-19, 21:36)brazen1 Wrote: I've always had artwork types in my advancedsettings.xml.  They are already bypassed and migrated into Kodi whitelist entries and downloading fine.
Movie Sets use <moviesetextraart></moviesetextraart>

(2022-11-19, 21:36)brazen1 Wrote: Do I understand correctly movie sets I see in Kodi should be automatically created in the MSIF even though I don't have specific movie sets manually created in Windows Explorer? 
If you are running Artwork Dump, then Artwork Dump will create the set folders, as long as the MSIF exists.

(2022-11-19, 21:36)brazen1 Wrote: s any of this related to why my MSIF is empty after exporting or could it be something else I'm overlooking?
Probably the as.xml settings.

(2022-11-19, 21:36)brazen1 Wrote: Ultimately, I want to get my hands on the moviesetposter.jpg... copy and paste it in the title folder it relates to...
You are making it difficult for yourself. moviesetposter.jpg is not a recognised artwork name. Kodi does not search for set artwork in movie folders, so when you need to rebuild your library you will have a lot of work to re-add all the set artwork.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the tips @Karellen 

In order for this to work, do movie titles that are part of a set have to be in a movie set folder in Explorer?  IE:

Top Gun
Inside that folder is Top Gun and Top Gun Maverick.

I have no set folders arranged like that and tbh never will.  Kodi displays sets without arranging folders...
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2022-11-19, 22:34)brazen1 Wrote: In order for this to work, do movie titles that are part of a set have to be in a movie set folder in Explorer?  IE:
No. The set is created in the Kodi database, so it doesn't matter where in your folder structure the movie is.
My Signature
Can you spot anything wrong here?
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<advancedsettings version="1">
    <loglevel>1</loglevel>
    <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
    <imageres>9999</imageres>
    <fanartres>9999</fanartres>
    <try10bitoutput>true</try10bitoutput>
    <nvidia12bits>true</nvidia12bits>
    <splash>false</splash>
    <tvshowmatching action="append">
    <regexp>[\\/\._ \[\(-]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]bdmv)?[\\/]index\.bdmv)$</regexp>
    </tvshowmatching>
    <video>
        <dxvaallowhqscaling>true</dxvaallowhqscaling>
        <maxtempo>2.0</maxtempo>
        <excludefromscan>
            <regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludefromlisting>
            <regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
        </excludefromlisting>
        <excludefromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/extras/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
            <regexp>[\\/](auxdata|backup|clipinf|playlist|stream|certificate)[\\/]</regexp>
            <regexp>movieobject\.bdmv</regexp>
            <regexp>/extras/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
        </excludetvshowsfromscan>
    </video>
    <videolibrary>
        <recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>
        <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
        <dateadded>1</dateadded>
        <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
        <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
        <exportautothumbs>true</exportautothumbs>
        <tvshowextraart>
            <arttype>characterart</arttype>
            <arttype>clearart</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart1</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart2</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart3</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart4</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart5</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart6</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart7</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart8</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart9</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart10</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart11</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart12</arttype>
            <arttype>keyart</arttype>
            <arttype>landscape</arttype>
            <arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
            <arttype>animatedposter</arttype>
        </tvshowextraart>
        <tvseasonextraart>
            <arttype>banner</arttype>
            <arttype>discart</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart</arttype>
        </tvseasonextraart>
        <episodeextraart>
            <arttype>fanart</arttype>
            <arttype>poster</arttype>
        </episodeextraart>
        <movieextraart>
            <arttype>characterart1</arttype>
            <arttype>animatedkeyart</arttype>
        </movieextraart>
        <moviesetextraart>
            <arttype>poster</arttype>
        </moviesetextraart>
        <musicvideoextraart>
            <arttype>artistthumb</arttype>
        </musicvideoextraart>
        <tvshowseasonextraart>
        </tvshowseasonextraart>
    </videolibrary>
    <musiclibrary>
        <artistextraart>
        </artistextraart>
        <albumextraart>
            <arttype>song</arttype>
            <arttype>spine</arttype>
            <arttype>back</arttype>
        </albumextraart>
    </musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>

It looks ok.

I don't know the coding details of the as.xml artwork method. But my understanding is that it is a one time loading. If you adjust the as.xml artwork tags, I don't think it adjusts in Kodi as it has been previously loaded.
Check in the Kodi settings page. Movie Sets use the same setting as Movies. So there is probably nothing to adjust.
My Signature
Yes, in Artwork/Artwork Level/movie art types whitelist, all the types are listed.

Many movie sets appear in the Kodi library and function perfectly including movie set posters I've manually added in the past.

My MSIF is a folder I created named Movies- Sets Art and it's in the root of a HDD.

I pointed Kodi to the MSIF folder.
I run an export waiting for the MSIF to populate.  Once the export is complete the MSIF is empty  Sad

I don't think I missed anything else I'm supposed to do.

I've no idea why it works for you but not myself.  Oh well.  Thank you for trying to help me anyway.

(2022-11-19, 23:07)brazen1 Wrote: My MSIF is a folder I created named Movies- Sets Art and it's in the root of a HDD.
Have you added that to Kodi settings? 3.9... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Library
My Signature
(2022-11-19, 23:07)brazen1 Wrote: I run an export waiting for the MSIF to populate
I wouldn't do that. You end up with modified artwork.
Install Artwork Dump and let it run for your entire library. It will create the subfolders and download the existing artwork. But this will only work if you have valid artwork links in your database, either from nfo files or from the scrape.
If you are using a media manager, then that won't work as media managers strip out all the artwork links from the nfo files.
My Signature
Yes, I pointed Kodi to the MSIF.  Edited that into my last post as part of the procedure.

(2022-11-19, 23:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-11-19, 23:07)brazen1 Wrote: I run an export waiting for the MSIF to populate
I wouldn't do that. You end up with modified artwork.
Install Artwork Dump and let it run for your entire library. It will create the subfolders and download the existing artwork. But this will only work if you have valid artwork links in your database, either from nfo files or from the scrape.
If you are using a media manager, then that won't work as media managers strip out all the artwork links from the nfo files.
I've never noticed downloaded artwork getting modified by doing an export?  I export so that new nfo's are created for new additions.

I've always used Artwork Dump.

I assume the nfo's Kodi creates when exporting are valid.  The url's seem to be.  The scrapers coupled with AD download the artwork to my title folders as they should.  

I never have and never will use a media manager.

(2022-11-19, 23:25)brazen1 Wrote: I've never noticed downloaded artwork getting modified by doing an export?
Artwork is cached. When artwork is cached it is modified, usually smaller, but you are using the <imageres> tags so they are not made smaller, but they are reduced in quality for smaller file sizes for faster loading. That is what Kodi exports.
If you are using Artwork Dump, then never export artwork. Answer No when asked.

(2022-11-19, 23:25)brazen1 Wrote: I assume the nfo's Kodi creates when exporting are valid.
Yes, Kodi created nfo files are valid. But the artwork links at the provider site may no longer exist. Artwork should be considered as having an expiry date.
For one of your sets with missing artwork, open an nfo file and check the movie set links. They are tagged as aspect="set.<artworkname>. Kodi uses the first one in the list if there are multiple.
My Signature
(2022-11-19, 23:34)Karellen Wrote: If you are using Artwork Dump, then never export artwork. Answer No when asked.

I see what you're getting at.  All the years I've exported, I've never answered yes to exporting thumbnails and fanart and never will for the exact reasons you described.  I just export separate (because my titles are in their own folders) and I do overwrite the nfo's because I don't ever manually alter any of them.  Because the artwork is downloaded to the title folders, the links in the nfo mean nothing afaik... aside from movie set posters which is why I'm trying to get my hands on them.  It would be handy if they were available in the MSIF so I could copy them to title folders in addition to leaving them in the MSIF.  I've thought about just going to TMDB and d/l them but that would be too cumbersome for me.  I have a lot of sets.  A little OT now but thanks for the heads up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where does Kodi store sets artwork/metadata after downloading it ?0