Skin Colour Picker Fails to Launch in Kodi 20 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO 8.0.1
Hi. The colour-picker script.skin.helper.colorpicker that Aeon Nox: SiLVO 8.0.1 uses in Kodi 20.0 fails to launch. When clicking on a colour to change, it immediately comes up with an error at the top of the screen. Therefore there is no longer any way to manually change skin colours. While I know how to edit your XML files to change hex colour codes, this will probably deter novice users from using this skin, as there are less than a handful of colour schemes to choose from. Kodi log (just for that error) link below. Many thanks in advance.

Kodi Error Log for script.skin.helper.colorpicker (the log is from my Linux PC, but the same error occurs on my Android TV boxes)
I was reading up on this as well. Have you tried the fix mentioned in the madnox thread? If i could figure these forums out I'd link it to you. 

OP by justin150 so thank him.

You need to find the file colorpicker.py (it is in addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/resources/lib).

Open with notepad++ or similar.  There are 3 references to xbmc.translatePath which is a depreciated command, replace with xbmcvfs.translatePath, save and restart Kodi.
(2023-02-22, 06:03)HD_Lat Wrote: I was reading up on this as well. Have you tried the fix mentioned in the madnox thread? If i could figure these forums out I'd link it to you.
-> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3139338 Wink
LOL, thanks. I see it now in the reply window. I used to be forum savvy 25 years ago during my audio recording days. Now... Just read here and find answers before posting questions. That much I remember  Wink
Thanks guys - replacing the 3 instances of xbmc.translatePath with xbmcvfs.translatePath in ColorPicker.py did the trick! Not sure why the author of the script hasn't already fixed this.
(2023-02-22, 07:33)HD_Lat Wrote: Just read here and find answers before posting questions
Yeah, easier said than done, as this is a massive forum, and I have indeed searched for things here without finding the info I've been after. In fact, I've had better luck finding useful threads here via Google. Anyway, hopefully someone looking for the answer to this will find it easily, and not have scroll through myriad pages just to find the actual answer (I just did a search here for "icons view", which has become messed up, and I'm presented with 32 pages of search results, most of which are unrelated). Thanks heaps for your help in rectifying this. Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Colour Picker Fails to Launch in Kodi 20 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO 8.0.10