Kodi Offline Temporary Glitch - TraktAPI?
My internet service went out last night. I have KODI set up so that it SHOULD work without a live connection - 

But instead the video I chose "froze" for about 3 minutes, finally continuing to play once the "freeze" had passed. 

And the reason for the freeze - according to the notification presented - was an inability to connect to TraktAPI? 

So, obviously, if possible, I'd like to disable whatever TraktAPI is? But it's not specifically listed in my addons or anywhere else? 

I'm rolling with Kodi 19.5 with Arctic-Zephyr Reloaded, in case that skin requires this TraktAPI bit? 

And, if it just is what it is - the 3 minute freeze is I guess no big deal? - once it unfroze, I never ran into any additional issues. 

All of the files I attempted to play were on local network storage. 

Thanks very much for any advice.
Trakt is a service.   Looking at the requirements for that skin Arctic-Zephyr Reloaded,   I see it uses TheMovieDb Helper aka plugin.video.themoviedb.helper and that addon does ping Trakt.

As a general rule, most of the more feature-rich skins get that richness from getting online data to supplement what is in the local library.  That's sort of a trade-off you have to consider.

scott s.
Yeah - the Arctic Zephyr Reloaded skin is the bomb. 

Here's what I was trying to accomplish - I live in a rural area, my connection can be a bit sketchy? So the hope was that - when my "live" connection went down - I could still enjoy my local library. 

Obviously, normally I could care less if the skin constantly wished to "ping" away? I know that secretly they're working with the CIA, transferring all the info from that chip they stuck in my neck. I happily accept being watched over at all times ;) 

But it would be AWESOME - if at all possible - to tell theMovieDBHelper addon - "With all due respect, I seriously have no control over when my stupid router goes offline. I promise I'm NOT up to no good, thinking bad thoughts about the CIA, who I love so very dearly...." 

Maybe it could just keep its report locally, and then tell the CIA once it reconnects? 

Bad joke aside, I'm obviously not a guru. If you might know who might address that issue, that would be awesome? Just a little checkbox that says "My internet sucks. Don't hang KODI if you can't connect." Or whatever? 

But - if any solution for that is a huge PITA - I obviously haven't tested it extensively. If it's just a one-time 3 minute pause out of nowhere as the addon freaks out because it can't get it's ping on - then I guess no big whoop? I just don't know if - say the connection was out for a day or two - if Kodi would then explode on my firestick for the addons wish to complete its ping? ;) 

Thank you VERY MUCH for the advice!
I would go over to the skin support thread and get advice from skin users or the skin author on how best to set things up so that a "no internet" situation doesn't cause the GUI to hang.

scott s.
(2023-02-25, 23:13)scott967 Wrote: I would go over to the skin support thread and get advice from skin users or the skin author on how best to set things up so that a "no internet" situation doesn't cause the GUI to hang.

scott s.

AWESOME - thanks!

I hope I'm following proper forum etiquette - for anyone running into the same issue, the "thread" might hopefully continue here -

*Duplicate forum thread removed*
(2023-02-25, 23:27)CodyLane Wrote: I hope I'm following proper forum etiquette - for anyone running into the same issue, the "thread" might hopefully continue here -

Thread moved instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Offline Temporary Glitch - TraktAPI?0