Mod Xonfluence Nexus Mod/Fixes
Hello, Im sharing all the mods I made for Xonfluence. Sorry, I dont have a permanent host to put the zip, but I will keep the link updated. (Note: I am not a skinner, I just put together some fixes)

Nexus Fixes:
-Subtitle color chooser
-Screen Calibration fix.
-OSD seek/progress bar
-script.favourites added to (requires). 
-etc

Mods:
-Extend to 40 addon shortcuts for each menu item
-Added Raf1's Ratings mod to show ratings in media views (Left menu, uncheck Hide Ratings)

Link: (Thanks Miami Blues): https://anonfiles.com/9esfQ1q6zb/skin_xo..._Nexus_zip
Thumbs Up 
thank you this fixed some display issues i had learned to live with
(2023-03-23, 02:15)jdig4240 Wrote: Hello, Im sharing all the mods I made for Xonfluence. Sorry, I dont have a permanent host to put the zip, but I will keep the link updated.

Nexus Fixes:
-Subtitle color chooser
-Screen Calibration fix.
-OSD seek/progress bar
-etc

Mods:
-Extend to 10 submenu items for each menu item
-Extend to 40 addon shortcuts for each menu item
-script.favorites added to (requires).

Link: https://ufile.io/h6d0o532
Thank you!
Thank you @jdig4240 for the updates.
This has been my skin of choice for many years now.
@jdig4240 
A very commendable exercise. I hope you have plans to expand your post to a prolegomena of Xonfluence's rebirth as a thoroughly modernized skin the way @bsoriano announced (before real life caught up with him).

Three questions:

(1) Why only 10 submenu items per main menu item? In my testing with Xonfluence even 12 have proved to not be enough, and I have a statement by udangaribaldi that he uses some 25 for genres and even that is not nearly enough. The gist of this critique is not that you have not done enough; rather, it is that the old method (fixed list, not portable) should give way to skin shortcuts.

(2) Can the old addon sets be re-implemented as skin shortcuts? As widgets?

(3) Why did you ---in fact, nobody modernizing Xonfluence so far--- think about chopping the bulk of dead wood? Like radio .strm files nobody needs any more in general and which are in fact dead links in concreto? Or like the convolutes method of "v330 V331 ... V415 Update" instead of consolidating the code?

If, as I presume, your retort is "but I was primarily concerned with fixing those bugs which made Xonfluence unstable or unusable under Matrix", then I seems to me that a publication of diff patches plus expanations would have been more useful.
(2023-04-01, 17:46)DiMag Wrote: @jdig4240 
A very commendable exercise. I hope you have plans to expand your post to a prolegomena of Xonfluence's rebirth as a thoroughly modernized skin the way @bsoriano announced (before real life caught up with him).

Three questions:

(1) Why only 10 submenu items per main menu item? In my testing with Xonfluence even 12 have proved to not be enough, and I have a statement by udangaribaldi that he uses some 25 for genres and even that is not nearly enough. The gist of this critique is not that you have not done enough; rather, it is that the old method (fixed list, not portable) should give way to skin shortcuts.

(2) Can the old addon sets be re-implemented as skin shortcuts? As widgets?

(3) Why did you ---in fact, nobody modernizing Xonfluence so far--- think about chopping the bulk of dead wood? Like radio .strm files nobody needs any more in general and which are in fact dead links in concreto? Or like the convolutes method of "v330 V331 ... V415 Update" instead of consolidating the code?

If, as I presume, your retort is "but I was primarily concerned with fixing those bugs which made Xonfluence unstable or unusable under Matrix", then I seems to me that a publication of diff patches plus expanations would have been more useful.
Never said I was taking over the skin, nor do I want to. I posted the changes I made, not interested in what else you expect.
(2023-04-04, 09:16)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2023-04-01, 17:46)DiMag Wrote: .....
Never said I was taking over the skin, nor do I want to. I posted the changes I made, not interested in what else you expect.
If you do not intend to substantially update/revise the skin but only to fix its most pressing deficiencies, wouldn't it be more appropriate to post the changed files, rather than pack these together with the (needless) unchanged files plus the (useless) dead wood in a skin.zip file?

I am sure many in this thread have made their private modifications to the skin; I even know of one who remodded it unter a new name. Your work is greatly appreciated, but to those people a list of changed files plus the reason for change would have been much greater appreciated. (Actual diff patches are not needed, everyone can work them out per WinDiff or similar apps.)
Anyone Huh
(2023-04-05, 11:15)DiMag Wrote:
(2023-04-04, 09:16)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2023-04-01, 17:46)DiMag Wrote: .....
If you do not intend to substantially update/revise the skin but only to fix its most pressing deficiencies, wouldn't it be more appropriate to post the changed files, rather than pack these together with the (needless) unchanged files plus the (useless) dead wood in a skin.zip file?

I am sure many in this thread have made their private modifications to the skin; I even know of one who remodded it unter a new name. Your work is greatly appreciated, but to those people a list of changed files plus the reason for change would have been much greater appreciated. (Actual diff patches are not needed, everyone can work them out per WinDiff or similar apps.)

Yea, ill get right on that, lol.
Thanks for making the mods available. Can you reset the link? says it's no longer available.
Great work, glad to see someone has perservered with Xonfluence for Nexus, if only we could get the link update mate - desperate to try it out on my Nexus build - Thanks
Very unfortunate... Especially considering the many complaints about Xonfluence's freezes under Nexus, which your work purported to fix; AFAIK, nolo contendere.
You can download the file here.

Sorry, I didn't notice that the OP had removed the link on purpose.
I can't therefore post a new link without his permission.
(2023-05-12, 18:04)MiamiBlues Wrote: You can download the file here.

Go ahead, I dont mind. I just didnt want people to assume that I am a skilled skinner and get requests for things I cant accomplish. I just coded a few easy fixes. Thanks.
(2023-05-15, 20:18)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2023-05-12, 18:04)MiamiBlues Wrote: You can download the file here.

Go ahead, I dont mind. I just didnt want people to assume that I am a skilled skinner and get requests for things I cant accomplish. I just coded a few easy fixes. Thanks.
Thank you. You did a great job. And you got only positive comments (minus 1 we will ignore)
The download link is here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence Nexus Mod/Fixes0