Library nodes. How to browse within a single genre?
Is it possible to create a Node for a specific genre, and then navigate within it by Artists and then listing only the album belonging to that specific genre?

I created this:

xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node type="filter">
    <label>Artists</label>
    <content>artists</content>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">
        <value>Atmos</value>
    </rule>
    <group>genres</group>
</node>

But when I go into Artists it displays all the genres that the artists have album for in my library.
I can select Atmos from that genres list and then I'm shown what I would like to have in the first place:

A list of Artists with Atmos albums and if I go into an artist I only get shown its Atmos albums.*

So basically... I'd like a node that, when entered, displays a list of artists with Atmos albums. And if I enter into an artist I am shown only its Atmos albums, not their whole discography in the library. Since I can get there (see above*), I guess it's just a matter of creating the node with the correct parameters.

EDIT: saving the * entry as a favorite, I basically already get what I want. A home menu shortcut to that view. I'm just wondering, academically speaking, if there was a more "elegant" way to achieve the same result.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Nobody?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
given the lack of responses i wonder if this thread could be of use - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257378
Have you tried:
<content>albums</content>
<group>artists</group>

?
I've tried to create a smart playlist like this and it doesn't seem to work as expected:

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="artists">
<name>Disco</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="is">
<value>Disco</value>
</rule>
<group>genres</group>
<order direction="ascending">artist</order>
</smartplaylist>

I would have expected a single restricted genre group "Disco" with a listing of all artists under it, but instead I still get a listing of all genres first.
(2023-04-03, 10:51)HeresJohnny Wrote: I've tried to create a smart playlist like this and it doesn't seem to work as expected:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><smartplaylist type="artists"> <name>Disco</name> <match>all</match> <rule field="genre" operator="is"> <value>Disco</value> </rule> <group>genres</group> <order direction="ascending">artist</order></smartplaylist>

Out of curiosity I tried to do what you want with Mezzmo and Kodi.  Here's my result using an active playlist.   Sorry, I don't have any disco albums Smile   Is this what you were thinking ?  I may keep this active playlist for my own use.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library nodes. How to browse within a single genre?0