Android (4K, HD) Playback abbort on SONY XR-65A90J on Internet reconnect (via FRITZ!Box 7590)
Hello all.

Unfortunately I could not find a solution to my problem here in the forum, so now I would like to turn directly to you. Since this is my first post, I ask for some indulgence regarding possible unintentional violation of forum rules.

Setup:
I have a new SONY XR-65A90J TV since 6 months. The TV is connected via LAN and WLAN to my Synology NAS via FRITZ!Box 7590. On the NAS are my movies, which I would like to play on the TV. Since the integrated player of the TV does not support enough sound formats, I was looking for an alternative and ended up with Kodi. With it, the playback of 4K video with TrueHD and DTS makes a very good impression.

Problem:
However, it often comes to indicated problem. No matter if I am connected to the FRITZ!Box or the NAS via WLAN or LAN, as soon as my FRITZ!Box 7590 gets a new internet connection, no matter if automatically or manually triggered by me, the playback stops and I end up in the Kodi file browser inside the directory structure of my NAS. However, the connection is kept there. A short time later, I can start the movie again, until the next reconnect and abbort of playback.

Analysis:
At first I thought that the FRITZ!Box also interrupts the WLAN when reconnecting to the Internet and tried the following:
1. Testing stability of the connection between notebook and NAS during reconnect to the Internet: Result = no problem. Neither playbacks nor transfers were interrupted or abbrted.
2. VLC Player installed on the TV and testing stability of the connection between TV and NAS when reconnecting to the Internet: Result = no problem.
(Note: In case you wondered, VLC seems to support less sound formats and is less comfortable to my opinion, so this player is not an alternative for me.)
3. Playback a movie with Kodi with a very low data rate and test stability of the connection between TV and NAS when reconnecting to the Internet: Result = no problem.
4. Adjust the internal buffer size of the Kodi player and test stability of the connection between TV and NAS when reconnecting to the Internet: Result = the problem persists. (But there is not much internal space on the TV, so that could also be an issue.)

Thesis:
My impression is that Kodi for some reason breaks the connection to the NAS or the FRITZ!Box as soon as it performs a reconnect to the Internet and at the same time a movie with too high data rate is played (and the internal buffer is empty).

If any of you have any idea what I could adjust and or try, also if you need more infromation or my problem description is still unclear, please don't hesitate, I am grateful for any support.

Best regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(4K, HD) Playback abbort on SONY XR-65A90J on Internet reconnect (via FRITZ!Box 7590)0