Dlna and info /pdf question?
Hello!

first a question…is there a way to add a pdf or similar format file to movie descriptions? I  Have scans of the booklet some Blu-ray’s come with and would like to be able to open and look at it when looking over the movie listing. I know probably sounds silly, maybe it’s already there or could be made a suggestion? Or if there’s an alt way of having the file do something similar lease let me know.

the other question….I’m semi-new to Dlna. I’m using Kodi on shield pro and wanted to send it to oppo 203. However I was told to just go to the Dlna section and the devices will show by name. Nothing showed but I was under the impression you needed some kind of software setup that would also let you name the device. (Also I can see the files on the network between the devices so a network connection is made it’s just not showing the device as a player to send movie to...)So I’m confused. Do I just need Kodi and it’s not showing up implies a conflict or was my first feelings about needing some kind of setup outside of Kodi to enable the Dlna is there? If so what would work with shield pro if anything?

thanks in advance.
(2023-05-15, 07:00)Jman5150 Wrote: However I was told to just go to the Dlna section and the devices will show by name. Nothing showed
Have you enabled UPnP in the Kodi settings... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Services/UPnP_DLNA

(2023-05-15, 07:00)Jman5150 Wrote: is there a way to add a pdf or similar format file to movie descriptions?
Not that I am aware of. Kodi does not have a pdf engine.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes upnp is enabled.
So this is new….it’s showing up now as the ability to play from oppo. However if I click on on it, I don’t see a picture on oppo input? Do I need to do anything with the player? Should the inputs switch with Kodi or do I need to do it by hand as I just did?

when I click on the option..I don’t see anything change in Kodi or oppo?.
(2023-05-18, 12:11)Jman5150 Wrote: So this is new….it’s showing up now as the ability to play from oppo. However if I click on on it, I don’t see a picture on oppo input? Do I need to do anything with the player? Should the inputs switch with Kodi or do I need to do it by hand as I just did?

when I click on the option..I don’t see anything change in Kodi or oppo?.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are trying to use Kodi as a DLNA/UPnP server with your Oppo 203 as the DLNA client and you can play the content from the Kodi device on your Oppo 203 but you don't have any metadata like descriptions, actor images etc...  is that correct ?  If so, then this would be an issue between what metadata Kodi provides via DLNA/UPnP and what the Oppo 203 DLNA client can handle. 

If this isn't the issue you are having, please clarify.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
No I have all the meta data in the description section. When I click on “play using…..” I get a few options including oppo…so I click oppo and nothing happens. I assume the movie should start to play either in Kodi or oppo? Or am I misunderstanding the function?
(2023-05-18, 16:11)Jman5150 Wrote: No I have all the meta data in the description section. When I click on “play using…..” I get a few options including oppo…so I click oppo and nothing happens. I assume the movie should start to play either in Kodi or oppo? Or am I misunderstanding the function?

Ok, I understand now.  You are trying to use Kodi's Play-To DLNA functionality to send the file to your Oppo 203.  Here's a link to my Wiki for the Mezzmo Kodi addon which discusses the different DLNA components.  For what you are trying to do your Oppo 203 needs to either support the DLNA DMP or DMR functionality.  I presume when you use the Kodi Play-To function (Kodi is acting as a DMC when you do that) you are seeing the Oppo 203 listed as a destination device but then the Oppo 203 doesn't play the video, correct ?  If so, one of the questions is what is the path to the video you are trying to play ?  You will see that in your video information screen with your metadata.  It is possible that either the Oppo 203 doesn't properly support the DLNA DMP/DMR functionality or that Kodi may be sending something that the Oppo 203 doesn't understand.  I use the Play-To functionality all the time on my setup but it is a bit different than what you have.  One of the things to try is using the Play-To / Cast To Device  functionality in Windows 10/11 and see if it can send something to your Oppo 203. 

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dlna and info /pdf question?0