Kodi 20.1. When you replay a Blu-ray from a stop point, the sound is stereo only.
Kodi 20.1. Windows 10 x64 or Android ARM64-v8a. Blu-ray disc in the BDMV structure. SMB source. You can add (scan) to the library. Without a difference. I run the file index.bdmv for playback. The default audio track is playing - it can be either DD 5.1, DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD. I have a audio receiver and everything plays as it should. Then you can  forward a little, and press stop. The playback position is saved. I'm running index again.bdmv and choose "continue with xx:xx:xx"
Here, when playing, the sound is only stereo. If you try to select a different track during playback, then only stereo is played anyway. If you stop playback and start again, but select "play from the beginning", then the sound will be the default - DD 5.1, DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD. But not stereo.
In the player settings, Discs submenu, Blu-ray playback mode setting, Play main movie is selected.
On version 18.x and version 19.5, the sound is played correctly.
OK. I added a log file. I want to understand, is it only me who has such a problem?
kodi_log
Didn't happen here with a UHD-BD (no HD BD on hand). Play from start or resuming both select the first audio track playing (not ideal for resume, could be improved)

Tracks on your disc:
Code:
2023-06-25 13:40:38.066 T:3860     info <general>: ffmpeg[0x1e383a280e0]:
Code:
Stream #0:0[0x1011]: Video: h264 (High) (HDMV / 0x564D4448), yuv420p(tv, bt709, top first), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 29.97 fps, 59.94 tbr, 90k tbn, 59.94 tbc
2023-06-25 13:40:38.066 T:3860     info <general>: ffmpeg[0x1e383a280e0]:   Stream #0:1[0x1100]: Audio: pcm_bluray (HDMV / 0x564D4448), 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 1536 kb/s
2023-06-25 13:40:38.066 T:3860     info <general>: ffmpeg[0x1e383a280e0]:   Stream #0:2[0x1101]: Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 448 kb/s
2023-06-25 13:40:38.066 T:3860     info <general>: ffmpeg[0x1e383a280e0]:   Stream #0:3[0x1102]: Audio: dts (DTS-HD MA) ([134][0][0][0] / 0x0086), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s16p

First audio track is PCM stereo. On resume it plays by default, same that I observed.

Do you have settings that explain why the play from start does not pick the 1st track for you?

It seems that an embuary plugin (script.embuary.helper) gets involved just before the audio track selection, no idea what it does and it influences track selection.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Kodi 19.5. I'm starting Blu-ray playback from the library. From the very beginning of the disk. It's just like last time.
The sound is played as DTS-HD MA. I fast forward a little. I'm stopping playback. I start it again from the same point. The sound is again DTS-HD MA.
BD-info
Kodi 19.5 Log play BD dts-hd ma
(2023-06-25, 18:14)CrystalP Wrote: First audio track is PCM stereo. On resume it plays by default, same that I observed.

Do you have settings that explain why the play from start does not pick the 1st track for you?

It seems that an embuary plugin (script.embuary.helper) gets involved just before the audio track selection, no idea what it does and it influences track selection.
1. DTS-HD MA was always enabled by default. I have been using Kodi version 18.6 for a long time. Now it's the same with version 19.5. On version 20.1, the DTS-HD MA track is initially played.
2. I don't have any special settings.
3. I am using the Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition skin. But on the default Estuary skin, everything is the same - stereo  on Kodi version 20.1
Hello, community!
Why is everyone silent?!
It just doesn't work for me, does it work for you?
Purchased a new av receiver. The same situation is on Kodi 20.2. Installed on Shield TV Pro 2019. Kodi version 19.5 (and 18.x) works as it should.
It's not forgotten, I made some progress in the analysis, but many things to do, little free time & all that... and it's code I'm not familiar with.

I'd say that this problem is not widespread, because on that BR for some reason the first audio track is not the default track of the default playlist (reason why it's doesn't play as stereo at first).
Or maybe other people just change the track and move on. I have no BR and can't say if that pattern is widespread.

To confirm that it's really a settings save/restore issue, can you change another setting in a play from start (different scaler for example) and confirm that on resume the setting is back to default and not what you changed it to.

You wrote that the disk is in the library, correct? It could make a difference if it isn't.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Hi!
I apologize for not answering right away - I don't have time. But I would like to solve the problem. Or open a new bug.
"can you change another setting in a play from start (different scaler for example)" - I'll try that later. I don't see much reason.
Windows 64. Did a clean install of Kodi 20.2. Ceated a folder B-RAY on drive c. Placed 2 Blu-ray discs there. Without any network folders and databases.
In the KODI settings, I turned on HD sound passfrought. And the WASAPI sound device is Yamaha A6A. All other default settings.
Launched KODI. Went to the folder B-RAY. Launched the file index.bdmv.
Sound is DTS-HD MA. Fast-forward 10 minutes. Stopped playback. Again from the folder launched the same index.bdmv. Continue from 10.22.
PCM Sound...

log

I can repeat the same thing with Android once again
. Shield 2019 Pro.
Kodi 18.x and 19.x work fine.
(2023-07-05, 02:55)CrystalP Wrote: can you change another setting in a play from start (different scaler for example) and confirm that on resume the setting is back to default and not what you changed it to.

Started playback, went to video settings, changed the video scaling method from DXVA to Auto. And change View mode from Normal to zoom 110%. Fast-forward 10 minutes. Stop. Continued playback from the stop point. The video scaling method is Auto, View mode is 110%.

LOG
Disabled passthrough in the settings.
I start playback - I see PCM 5.1 on the receiver. During playback, I go to the menu and see that the track is used by DTS-HD MA.
Then - as usual. After playback from the breakpoint at the PCM 2.0 output...

LOG disabled passthrough
I had the same problem and fixed it by changing

Code:
  if (m_pInputStream && (m_pInputStream->IsStreamType(DVDSTREAM_TYPE_DVD) ||
             m_pInputStream->IsStreamType(DVDSTREAM_TYPE_BLURAY)))
to

Code:
  if (m_pInputStream && (m_pInputStream->IsStreamType(DVDSTREAM_TYPE_DVD) ||
            (m_pInputStream->IsStreamType(DVDSTREAM_TYPE_BLURAY) && IsInMenuInternal())))

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/5b7e88...1160-L1161

The problem here is that if we resume the BR, the audio track can't be changed and it's a PITA for anime because I prefer the japanese track instead of the english dub.
Found a UHD BD that has a structure and issue similar to your BD, and have the same result as you, video settings are restored on resume but not the audio track.
(2023-07-10, 21:31)CrystalP Wrote: Found a UHD BD that has a structure and issue similar to your BD, and have the same result as you, video settings are restored on resume but not the audio track.

Wow! ;-)
And then why does everything play well on Kodi versions 18.x-19.x? Win and Android?
I'm not there yet. The last v19 is ok?
@A600 yes a change like that + a couple similar other places fixes resume, but broke the first play :-(
Resuming audio and subtitle tracks is handled differently for DVD/Bluray because of the menu system / playlists and it feels like "something" is done only half-way.
(2023-07-11, 23:58)CrystalP Wrote: I'm not there yet. The last v19 is ok?
Yes, I pointed it out in the first post: "On version 18.x and version 19.5, the sound is played correctly." This applies to both Windows and Android.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 20.1. When you replay a Blu-ray from a stop point, the sound is stereo only.0