v20 Kodi crashes randomly
I completely agree with you and as you say kodi it will be version 19.4. I can also compile the version of kodi 20.1 myself but I will have to install all the dependencies to compile on the howto of kodi it does not give you the direct command to do it lol

For my part I will reinstall debian 12 and kodi and see if the problem persists. If so, I'll upgrade to Debian 11. Thanks for your help
actually the dependencies are quite easy to install

i did a bash script to setup a build environment in a debian docker, here's the setup portion -

echo "deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get --allow-releaseinfo-change update
apt-get install -y build-essential cmake libboost-all-dev pkg-config ninja-build doxygen graphviz curl wget nasm libunistring-dev git
apt-get build-dep -y kodi
that's perfect, thank you very much
youre welcome

also to be complete, here's my dockerfile in case you wanted to go the docker route - https://paste.kodi.tv/sudogujohe

i like the docker option so i can destroy it after building and keep the main system clean - just my preference, not required
I've never used Docker before but I'm going to look into it just to test and see if it works well
The crash log indicates you have a crash in a,python add-on and the latest CPythonInvoker calls show the Embuary Helper add-on was running. If you did not started reinstalling everything, can you try disabling that addon and temporary switch to Estuary skin?
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
Also, with recent debuginfod integration in Debian, you can easily get Python stacktraces.

Just start Kodi under gdb directly:

Code:

gdb /usr/lib/*/kodi/kodi.bin

then inside GDB shell, type

Code:

set logging enabled on
set logging file /tmp/test.log
c

and reproduce the crash. When Kodi freezes, switch back to GDB shell and type

Code:

bt
py-bt
quit

and in /tmp/test.log you will see both native and python stacktrace.
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
@basilgello thx for your reply and your explain

I reinstall debian 12 and kodi 20.1 because @jepsizofye is say me I am with debian 12 (Test Mode)

Unfortunately I still have the same problem. if you can look and tell me if it's still Python's problem and if so I'll do what you recommended

Logs
You forgot installing gdb:

Code:

apt install gdb

And I really suggest you to reproduce the bug by my instruction as it will immediately give the clue Smile
(2023-06-28, 13:07)basilgello Wrote: You forgot installing gdb:

Code:

apt install gdb

And I really suggest you to reproduce the bug by my instruction as it will immediately give the clue Smile

Kodi not launching

Code:
GNU gdb (Debian 13.1-3) 13.1
Copyright © 2023 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Type "show copying" and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
    <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.

For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/kodi.bin...
(No debugging symbols found in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/kodi.bin)
(gdb) set logging enabled on
Copying output to gdb.txt.
Copying debug output to gdb.txt.
(gdb) set logging file /tmp/test.log
(gdb) c
The program is not being run.
(gdb)
I solved with "start" command before "c"
Or "run" instead of "start". With "start" you'll need to do "c" again to get Kodi running.

What's in a logfile?
(2023-06-28, 16:46)basilgello Wrote: Or "run" instead of "start". With "start" you'll need to do "c" again to get Kodi running.

What's in a logfile?

Yes

Problem with "py-bt" command
Quote:(gdb) py-bt
Undefined command: "py-bt".  Try "help"
With google I try this

Code:
(gdb) info auto-load
gdb-scripts:  No auto-load scripts.
libthread-db:  No auto-loaded libthread-db.
local-gdbinit:  Local .gdbinit file was not found.
python-scripts:  No auto-load scripts.
(gdb) source /usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/bin/python3.5-gdb.py
/usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/bin/python3.5-gdb.py: No such file or directory.
(gdb) source /usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libisl.so.23.2.0-gdb.py
(gdb) py-bt
Undefined command: "py-bt".  Try "help".
(gdb) source /usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6.0.30-gdb.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6.0.30-gdb.py", line 60, in <module>
   from libstdcxx.v6 import register_libstdcxx_printers
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'libstdcxx'
(gdb)
Please install temporary python3-dbg package, then you can restart gdb and will have python support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes randomly0