Artwork Beef Help
Hello, sorry to bother everyone with this but I'm struggling with something. I'm running Kodi 20.2 Nexus w/Aeon MQ 9 skin on a Firestick 4k Max. I recently got everything I wanted set up and running. However, my Movie library, suddenly didn't have artwork for any of the movies I had marked as watched. I tried every single menu item I could find to no avail. I used different scrapers with different settings and still nothing. I then saw a post in forum about Artwork Beef. So I gave it a shot. It is working and it is adding artwork for my movies now. However it is running VERY slow. It's only about 1/5 - 1/6 of the way completed and has taken nearly 12 hours. I find that VERY odd since everything else within Kodi and on the Firestick all seems to cruise right along. Can anyone tell me if they have experienced this and found a solution? I need to try and move on to accomplish other things but don't want to move on until its complete but the time it is taking seems insane. TIA!
(2023-07-06, 22:21)davelee77 Wrote: 'm running Kodi 20.2 Nexus w/Aeon MQ 9 skin on a Firestick 4k Max.
The Firesticks have very small storage capacity, and the Kodi cache can fill the available storage quite quickly. It's not the best device for Kodi.
I guess something has purged the cache on your Firestick, probably to free up space, and that is why your artwork is missing.

As for artwork beef running slowly, we would need a Debug Log. I think there is also logging in Artwork Beef settings that you can enable also, if I remember correctly.
Maybe with so many requests (do you have a large library?) your requests are being throttled.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for your response. Yes, definitely aware of the storage(RAM/ROM) and cache issue with Firestick. I'm setting all this up to get everything put onto external storage device for now. I want to start looking for the Nvidia Shield/Cube/Google/Android boxes I've heard about but when I research that online, I don't seem to find much that would seem much better unless they are hundreds of dollars. So I'm sticking to "inexpensive" but it all comes at a cost right? lol

Running Debug log now. Will have attached here. I typically don't have any throttling issues but that's not to say I'm not or could not. That  could be the case. I have ran artwork helper and artwork organizer and they ran very quickly but when I did so after seeing the missing artwork, it was almost as if they are withholding artwork for donations. All the artwork was there prior to switching to this skin/mod but now I get a message saying 0 artwork available and asking for donation. Paraphrasing of course. That being said, my library is pretty decent size 1074 movies. TV has all its artwork with no issues. Adding debug log now. Thank you!

https://paste.kodi.tv/hejiqipad
(2023-07-06, 23:09)davelee77 Wrote: All the artwork was there prior to switching to this skin/mod
Which skin is this?

The Debug Log is no good. You did not enable debug mode.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This is MQ 9 with recently added Mod. 

Sorry. Let me go back. I thought I had. 

Okay. I made sure debug was enabled. My understanding is I then need to shutdown Kodi and back in.

https://i.postimg.cc/J0T7bVjY/20230706-163620.jpg

I ran it for a couple of minutes and then used Kodi Log Uploader. 

https://paste.kodi.tv/exonafuqop
(2023-07-06, 23:47)davelee77 Wrote: I ran it for a couple of minutes and then used Kodi Log Uploader. 

https://paste.kodi.tv/exonafuqop
Bugger, I think you have that Android issue where debug does not work without changing an Android setting.
Maybe @jepsizofye remembers how to fix that.
My Signature
Sorry, I selected the wrong option on this last logfile. The one below is while trying to update the files. It is at 14% right now. 

Here is a log that should have a better example of what I'm looking at and concerned about. 

https://paste.kodi.tv/popoduvusi
I'd be interested to know about that. I honestly can't wait to get away from the firestick. If you get a chance and are familiar with better devices I'm all ears. My son-in-law has xbox with extended storage but I literally only use this for movies, tv, radio.
@davelee77 Nvidia Shield. You can attach a SSD via USB (I use 120GB SSDs) and configure it as internal/adopted storage. I run Kodi on 2 of them and haven’t really found a better Android device for running Kodi. I have all my media (movies and music) as well as my library DBs (using MariaDB) centrally located on a Synology NAS.
So I found something interesting. Might be while I was working on being various methods of moving and working with storage, I'm guessing the file location or name for part of my artwork was messed up. I can go into each individual movie and find the artwork locally after I refresh. Is there a setting for me to simply change this to use local art only? I believe I've see it in here somewhere but can't find it. AND if I want to insure artwork I'd all found in the same spot for future reference, where should artwork be located? Thank you!!
(2023-07-07, 23:03)davelee77 Wrote: Is there a setting for me to simply change this to use local art only?
No, you will need to delete your library and rescan it.

(2023-07-07, 23:03)davelee77 Wrote: where should artwork be located?
See the images on these pages... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork
My Signature
Got it. And my bad, I actually read the message alert wrong. So when I go into specific movie "Information" I click refresh and it comes up and says, "Locally stored information found. Ignore and refresh from Internet?" If I select, No then in trying to present supposed local artwork, nothing comes up. If I click Yes, then it pulls all the correct info from online which is actually what I need. Sorry. I need to slow down and pay better attention. Thus, scrapers would still be the best route to go to pull the artwork from the internet, I assume.
(2023-07-07, 23:31)davelee77 Wrote: scrapers would still be the best route to go to pull the artwork from the internet, I assume.
It depends.
I enjoy curating my library and one of the steps I take is to download artwork so it is stored locally. Artwork Dump helps me do this.
Artwork at the provider sites should be considered temporary. At any time artwork can be deleted, so the next time you scrape that movie which previously had the great artwork in your library, chances are the artwork will be different.

If your library is more of a temporary convenience, ie you add and delete frequently, sure use scraped artwork.
If your library is there to stay, and you enjoy it, then use local artwork.

Hmm, I just realised you are using Artwork Beef. You should be using Artwork Dump.
My Signature
Oh that's good. Maybe it will work faster too. LOL Artwork Beef seemed pretty robust and customizable but let me switch over to Artwork Dump and see how that does. And no, I don't switch out at all. I'm continually building my collection. So I like your thoughts and am following your logic on this. I apologize again as I am digging deeper into the things Kodi can do and finding out so much more I'm ignorant on. So I really appreciate the help and insight.
For the sake of my daughter and son-in-law's kodi on xbox s, is Artwork dump also available? I don't see if in Estuary skin. Sorry, I'm processing two different setups at the same time. Same library. I don't see it in my MQ 9 skin either. I'll search and find it. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Found it. Dev Repository.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef Help0