Solved Crash on Exit - Semi Solved
Does anyone else have this problem. i won;t say everytime, but 90% of the time, If I hit EXIT on Kodi, It just crashes and sits on the exit page until I go into task manager and shut it down.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Yes happens to me often also when I change skin or instal dependencies
(2023-07-27, 09:46)OzDrDj Wrote: 90% of the time,
And 90% of the time this is associated with an add-on that has a called web source and is waiting for acknowledgement that will never happen, when the other side is 404 or didn't acknowledge because it received nonsense. A proper debug log might show the URL or otherwise give us a clue. Bet if you installed a Portable mode (wiki) iteration of Kodi with no add-ons, extras and a single local source, it will close down properly.
I have a Kodi 20.2 on Win x64 8.1. I would say about 50% of the time it hangs on exit, log always ends with application stopped but it seems like there are still thread(s) running.  I just click on it a couple times and Windows pops up the not responding / close dialog.  I have pretty much the same configuration on various Win 10 Kodis that rarely have that happen.

scott s.
(2023-07-27, 09:46)OzDrDj Wrote: Does anyone else have this problem.

Sorry but no, I don't have that problem on Win10pro and Win11pro. But my Kodi setups are also pretty simple, with a single (IPTV) add-on and not much more.
(2023-07-28, 01:28)scott967 Wrote: would say about 50% of the time it hangs on exit
I guess you took um-bridge with the 90% figure, I'll suggest it's a local network issue, but a debug log might have a clue.
https://paste.kodi.tv/ifawimagul.kodi

There Ya Go, i have Cleaned Kodi out a few time recently while trying to get the Pseudo TV Live Addon running perfectly. So the build should be pretty clean.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Sorry about that, I did try a few addons a long time ago to get Filipino TV on KODI. I thought I had remvoed them all as this query has popped up before. Will remove the offending Addons now, If I can find them. I think they come up as red in the log entry from memory.
Well, So far, I removed the offending Repository, I removed a few other things I don't use or were faulty, and changed from confluence and all is seeming to be fine. So I'll mark as solved and leave it for now. It must have been one of those faulty add ons as you suggested. 
I don't know what happened there, This is a relativley new build and i don't remeber putting some of those things in there.
Anyway, we live and learn, thanks for the help.
(2023-07-28, 16:04)PatK Wrote:
(2023-07-28, 01:28)scott967 Wrote: would say about 50% of the time it hangs on exit
I guess you took um-bridge with the 90% figure, I'll suggest it's a local network issue, but a debug log might have a clue.
Nope, just relating what I see, but I don't really pay attention since my usage is to leave my htpc when I exit Kodi, so it just stays hung until next time I switch to htpc, then if I see it's hung I just kill it and restart it. 

scott s.
Thread marked solved.
Reflect on post #4 most of these 3rd parety add-on are either coded badly or haven't kept abreast of the latest developments.
I wouldn't say solved as it still does it alot. I would say now though it is down to about 60%. I really only use a couple of addons. The Main one being Pseudo TV Live, using the YouTube add on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on Exit - Semi Solved0