Customized home menu items
Hi all

I have several folders added as separate video sources, for instance these 2 containing movies:
"...\Danske film"
"...\Film"

I have created customized home menu items for each of these sources and that is working. But the problem is that the movie widgets in the home menu, like Recently added movies, will show movies from all the movie sources, instead of just the actual source. So for instance a movie added to the "...\Danske film" folder, will also appear as a recently added movie in the home menu in the  "...\Film" menu item.

I would like the widgets to only show movies related to the specificfolder/video source and I have looked at several posts regarding this, but I cant seem to find clear an understandable guide for setting this up. So any help regarding this would every much appreciated.

Also, what is the recommendable approach for making these home menu items for separated folders - I see different posts suggesting different approaches like using Video sources, Smartplaylists, node editor, favorite links etc.

Best regards and thanks in advance
Imbizile
Sorry to bump my own thread, but no response in 8 months.

I am still hoping someone has a solution to the widgets problem.

Thanks in advance Smile

Best regards
Imbizile
Estuary is a lightweight and basic skin. It intentionally does not have many customisation options.
What you are trying to do is not possible without skinning knowledge.

I suggest looking at either one of the modded Estuary style skins, or another skin.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the reply.

I am currently using the Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition, but I see no way separate the widgets contents in that either.

Are you aware of any specific skins with widget content separation, based on folders/smartplaylists?
(2024-04-04, 09:57)imbizile Wrote: Thanks for the reply.

I am currently using the Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition, but I see no way separate the widgets contents in that either.

Are you aware of any specific skins with widget content separation, based on folders/smartplaylists?
You might ask that in the thread for that mod (if you haven't already).

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=366400

The skinning helper they use I think might be able to do what you want, so you'll likely get a response there.  And most of the really flexible skins use that same helper, so either MOD V2 can do what you want, or likely no skin can.
Thanks - I will try to post there Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customized home menu items0