Bad picture after system change
Did you try a direct connection of the graphics card to the screen / TV? (bypassing the AVR)

As written in previous message, if the Windows HDR switching can't be fixed, then turn off the Kodi setting "Use HDR capabilities". You will then have a picture comparable to VLC for SDR and HDR videos and no more stutter / freezing / ...

Missing library items: should be fixable once you have decent playback.

Missing plugins / addons: equivalents are usually available for the add-on that were not kept up to date for newer Kodi versions. There are sub-forums here dedicated to add-ons and skins where you could ask for suggestions. In addition Team Kodi is not the only provider of add-ons, there are many third-party repositories, Google is your friend.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2023-09-14, 04:03)CrystalP Wrote: Did you try a direct connection of the graphics card to the screen / TV? (bypassing the AVR)

As written in previous message, if the Windows HDR switching can't be fixed, then turn off the Kodi setting "Use HDR capabilities". You will then have a picture comparable to VLC for SDR and HDR videos and no more stutter / freezing / ...

Missing library items: should be fixable once you have decent playback.

Missing plugins / addons: equivalents are usually available for the add-on that were not kept up to date for newer Kodi versions. There are sub-forums here dedicated to add-ons and skins where you could ask for suggestions. In addition Team Kodi is not the only provider of add-ons, there are many third-party repositories, Google is your friend.

Where do I find "Use HDR capabilities"

Can’t find that anywhere. Don’t think there is on the 18.0 version I’m using?

I have probably not had hdr the entire time, and it’s been fine. It’s this new GPU that messes everything up, for some reason….
It's in V20, in the player settings, when connected to an HDR capable screen.

v18 is very obsolete and not supported. Best I can offer for that version is an upgrade from the 18 rc1 version to the final version of the 18 series, 18.9 (I provided a link earlier).
It has only bug fixes compared with 18rc1 and will be compatible with your skin, addons, library etc. Maybe one of the bug fixes will help with the video, who knows.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
So….I got my new nvidia card today, and it’s even worse when it comes to blown out whites and very contrasty colors. 🙁

So this new 4060 card and the Radeon 5700 doesn’t work, but my very old GTX980 works just fine.

What am I supposed to do? There must be a solution to this. It’s very strange to me that these card don’t work with Kodi….
MAJOR UPDATE!

So I went into the player settings and changed Adjust display refresh rate from off to always.

Changed Sync playback to display from off to on.

And turned off Allow hardware acceleration.

And now everything works!!!

I have no idea what these settings are, or which one made it work??

All I know is that I bought a $650 card for nothing……well…..I guess it’s better for playing games maybe…
Does anybody know what settings these were, and what they do? And which one that made it work for me, and if I should leave it like that or reverse any of the settings I changed?
Which one works for you: we cannot guess, please try the 3 settings one after the other.

It's weird that any of them helps, they don't directly impact the frames sent to the screen.

Maybe there is an indirect effect of the hw accel setting as it impacts the default render method. It could be that your avr/tv prefer the output of the pixel shaders to the dxva render method.
(2023-09-13, 03:04)cubalibre77 Wrote: I tried to upgrade to windows 11 again, but only got to 50% and Rhen there was an error. So I had to do a clean install from the recovery partition and then I could do the upgrade to windows 11.

I have tried several different version of Kodi now, but non is working at all together with my backup. The skin isn’t working, addons isn’t working, my library is gone etc. the only version I can run is this old one 18.0. But I still have tried playing movies on each install, and there hasn’t been any difference.

It seems like all hdr movies are getting WAY to bright…..it’s unwatchable. And the non hdr movies are WAY too dark.

I noticed when playing a movie and going in to video settings and turning off tone mapping makes the picture look 80% better, but only when it’s a hdr movie. The non hdr movies are still extremely dark.

I really want to get this to work just as it did on my old system, but I don’t know what to do….
Kodi v. 18 never supported HDR content. That's why all the colors are blown out of proportion. Kodi 19 and on started supporting HDR content.

Another thing to check is make sure inside the AVR settings you have HDMI set to passthrough.

If using a newer Samsung TV make sure you have the INPUT SIGNAL PLUS selected with a blue circle next to the HDMI that is connected to your PC.
Settings/External Device Manager/Input Signal Plus

Titan Bingie Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bad picture after system change0