Context Menu Editor - does such a thing exist? (this is not a double post)
First time I tried posting this, it got taken down, because I mentioned a banned addon (sorry), I was unaware, then I tried again, without mentioning it, but an overzealous mod thought I was S posting, which I wasn't, this is genuine question, so one last try, mods please read before deleting etc...

I'm new here, so go easy on me
I have used KODI / XBMC for a long time and was wondering has anybody built a context menu editor, that doesn't involve diving into the code or having to compile my own skin etc.

I installed Super Favourites + some other addons and was greeted with a bit of a mess when it came to the context menu and thought it's 2023, KODI 20+ , MAYBE, somebody has written a util for editing the context menu by now, even if it is not an addon, but some kind of external program that can alter the code etc. I'm trying to make it idiot proof, so to speak for an elderly user (it's oK, it's my dad and yes he's an I.T. idiot) and I'm trying to decrease the number of options he see's. I know how to lock down almost everything else and make it kind of minimal for him.

I'm just asking, but if it's been asked and answered a million times already, then I'm sorry, I did a bit of googling before posting, but couldn't find an easy answer.

Also if nobody has yet, then please somebody write an addon or an easy to use editor so as to achieve a USER customizable context menu, that doesn't involve the user needing to learn to code, I can edit an XML file, but I wouldn't know where to look to edit the context menu (I understand if it's just not that easy).

Thanks in advance for any help.
(2023-10-11, 10:46)hal900 Wrote: has anybody built a context menu editor
Not that I am aware of.
From my understanding, the context menu is built dynamically each time it is invoked. I don't think there is any way to add or remove context menu items.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I guess I was hoping there was an easy answer, thanks for replying.

Now I will have to drill it into my dad, DON'T CLICK ON THAT Smile
I have wished for this since I began using Kodi. Asked same thing a long time ago.. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...ntext+menu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Context Menu Editor - does such a thing exist? (this is not a double post)0