Help please with nfo files and scrapping
Im trying to get Stephen King's It (1990) to show up on my tv on kodi under movies and nothing works.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> <movie> <title>Stephen King's It</title> <originaltitle>Stephen King's It</originaltitle> <ratings> <rating name="default" max="10" default="true"> <value>6.400000</value> <votes>290</votes> </rating> </ratings> <userrating>0</userrating> <top250>0</top250> <outline></outline> <plot>A series of murders prompts Mike Hanlon to suspect that the supernatural menace that he and a group of friends battled as children has returned. He begins to call his friends to remind them of the oath they swore: if It returned again, they would come back to Derry to do battle again.</plot> <tagline>From the King of terror, a chilling new dimension in horror.</tagline> <runtime>187</runtime> <mpaa>Rated</mpaa> <playcount>1</playcount> <lastplayed>2016-10-07</lastplayed> <id>tt0099864</id> <uniqueid type="imdb" default="true">tt0099864</uniqueid> <genre>Drama</genre> <genre>Horror</genre> <genre>Mystery</genre> <genre>Thriller</genre> <country>Canada</country> <credits>Lawrence D. Cohen</credits> <credits>Tommy Lee Wallace</credits> <director>Tommy Lee Wallace</director> <year>1990</year> <status></status> <code></code> <aired></aired> <studio>Lorimar Television</studio> <trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=iMspVKv56vQ</trailer> <fileinfo> <streamdetails> <video> <codec>h264</codec> <aspect>1.333330</aspect> <width>1440</width> <height>1080</height> <durationinseconds>11245</durationinseconds> <stereomode></stereomode> </video> <audio> <codec>dca</codec> <language></language> <channels>2</channels> </audio> <subtitle> <language>eng</language> </subtitle> </streamdetails> </fileinfo> <resume> <position>0.000000</position> <total>0.000000</total> </resume> <dateadded>2016-10-04 17:40:55</dateadded> </movie>

I found this on a reddit post and i pasted it into a text file and then changed the file extension to .nfo (not sure if it works that way or if i need an actual .nfo creator program) i have that and the movie and a jpg poster all in one folder and all are labeled as (Stephen Kings It (1990) but get nothing. I know its a tv mini series but it wont even show up when i scan under tv shows. Im running kodi on a samsung tv. Any advice would be great please. Im new to all this. I will be trying to do the same for Stephen King's The Langoliers (1995) if i can get the first to work. Sigh. Its the only two movies i can not get to show up with poster and info.
I have also tried scanning with just the pseudo nfo file scapper
(2023-10-17, 03:01)Jojuice55 Wrote: Im trying to get Stephen King's It (1990) to show up on my tv on kodi under movies
It won't show up under movies. It is listed as a TV show at TMDB, and the scrapers cannot cross scrape tv and movies. They are two separate scrapers.
But, if you want it in movies, that can be done later.
How many video files do you have - two or are both episdoes combined into one file?

First lets figure out why it is not scraping into tv shows for you.
Can you create and Debug Log that captures you trying to scrape the show into TV Shows and post it to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
They are combined into one video file. And i will try to debug and post what it shows although im pretty sure it just says video scrapping failed or something like that under the debug, i looked at it earlier when i was trying to get it working. Thank you for your reply
The debug will show me how your files are named, which scraper you are using, what the scraper is trying to look up, and then why it failed.
Just make sure you enable debug mode in settings>system>logging for it to work correctly.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Also i have it under movies on my hard drive and then when i bring up the scrapper menu i change it to tv show and only one scrapper is available to use. (Ive tried all different movie scrappers available and the psudo nfo scrapper) Is it different if i put it in the tv show section/folder?
Ok i will do. Thanks
(2023-10-17, 03:49)Jojuice55 Wrote: Also i have it under movies on my hard drive and then when i bring up the scrapper menu i change it to tv show and only one scrapper is available to use
You can't place tv shows into your movie folder. They need to be completely separate.
The Movie folder will only ever use the movie scraper. It will never display the tv show scraper and vice-versa.
And if you are simply changing between Movies/TV Shows in your Source settings, then you are heading to a world of trouble with the Kodi library.
One Source for Movies
One Source for TV Shows.

Move the IT folder to your tv show source.
See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

I know you only have a single episode, but you still need to treat it like a tv show. Once you scrape it as a tv show, it can be moved into your movie folder along with the exported nfo file which needs a couple of changes of some of the tags.
My Signature
So i turned on debug. And then i created a tv show folder on my hard drive and places the Stephen King's It (1990) folder in it and then set the content for tv shows. Rescanned and still nothing. At the top of my screen it says the log is going into /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

But when i connect my hard drive to my laptop and go data/org.xbmc.kodi it is completely empty lol. So im not sure how to get the debug log file sigh
Provide the following:

Which scraper are you using? Provide the exact name.
Screenshot of your It folder so I can clearly see the files in it as well as the name of the folder. Use button 17 to upload.

My Signature
Image Image

Image Image
lol my reflection...noooo
(2023-10-17, 05:01)Jojuice55 Wrote: lol my reflection...noooo
Lol
Titan Bingie Mod
Thanks.

The scraper is correct. TMDB TV Shows is the one you should use, or if you prefer TVDB data, then use TVDB v4

The naming Stephen King's It (1990) should work as it is a valid name at TMDB...

For TV Shows, the episode is named incorrectly it should be Stephen King's It (1990) S01E01 or the simpler It (1990) S01E01
That would be the reason why it did not scrape for you in tv shows. The missing S01E01

Anyway, I tested the tv show, just to rule out any problems with TMDB or the scraper, and it all worked fine for me.
After I did that, I converted the nfo file for a movie, so copy the attached and add it into your own nfo file in your movie folder... https://paste.kodi.tv/eyeluzequg
Check the data and change to suit your preference, like the MPAA rating.
This what my folder looks like...

When editing or creating nfo files, don't use Windows Notepad, or one of the Word Processor programs. They tend to add hidden code that breaks the nfo file.
Use something like Notepad++ or Visual Studio Code.

Let me know if that works for you now.
My Signature
I will try. Thank you. I do notice tho. That your nfo file says .nfo and mine says system information. Does that make a difference. Like i said before i just copy and pasted nfo info i seen on reddit on notepad and then changed the saved .txt file to .nfo

Not sure how that works

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help please with nfo files and scrapping0