Android Slow network connection Alpha 3 on Nvidia Shield
Hey,
I tried the latest build Omega Alpha 3 on my shield, but it takes now almost 3min before kodi gets an IP address.
Before with Alpha 2 there was no problem.
After rebooting : Shield got IP Kodi takes 3 min before retrieving IP.
So i went back to Alpha 2 and NO problem Kodi gets his IP direct when starting.
Can't show log anymore because already back to Alpha 2.
So just want to know if someone has the same problem, before i start with Alpa 3

Thx
You could try updating to the recently released beta 1 and see if that fixes your issue.
Tried it to same problem and this is the start logo:

(2023-10-19, 23:14)Input1963 Wrote: Tried it to same problem and this is the start logo:

Yeah. That is a design. And yes it looks like an OpenGL corruption ;-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-10-20, 06:41)fritsch Wrote: Yeah. That is a design. And yes it looks like an OpenGL corruption ;-)

I think it's really ugly. I hope it's a temporary splash screen that will be replaced before the final release Confused
(2023-10-20, 11:19)MrMagic Wrote:
(2023-10-20, 06:41)fritsch Wrote: Yeah. That is a design. And yes it looks like an OpenGL corruption ;-)

I think it's really ugly. I hope it's a temporary splash screen that will be replaced before the final release Confused
I don't have an opinion here -> github.com/xbmc post a better one ;-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Is there a solution for the slow retrieving of the Ip adres?
I'm not having any such issue with my Shield and beta 1.  Maybe post a debug log after restarting Kodi?
Kodi Omega (arm64) nightly, nVidia Shield Pro 2019 SE 9.1.1+Hotfix (Android 11), Samsung Q8FN, Synology DS1821+ DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow network connection Alpha 3 on Nvidia Shield0