Filename only scraper for musicvideos
I have a big collection on Youtube musicvideos but without any tags. Only filenames. Till now I was not able to add any of that files in a collection. How can I proceed? Which scraper to elect?
The TheAudioDB scraper didnt work and did not add any of files from a collection. I'm pretty lost now. Should I proceed to add the directory as a Movie directory?
(2023-11-11, 17:02)vasiliy123 Wrote: Only filenames. Till now I was not able to add any of that files in a collection
There is no filename only scraper for music videos.
I have never used music videos, so I won't be much help in trying to figure out a way to accomplish what you need.
Maybe something in this thread might help... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=294333
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
If I add the tags to the mp4, will it be parsed then somehow? I tried to add a Title tag with an exiftool, but it didn't help.
(2023-11-11, 21:01)vasiliy123 Wrote: If I add the tags to the mp4, will it be parsed then somehow?
I am not sure.
Maybe @HomerJau might be able to help.

(2016-10-21, 00:44)HomerJau Wrote: .
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I finally ended creating a bunch of *.nfo files

<musicvideo><title>
filename.mp4
</title></musicvideo>
For if somebody will find it handy:

autocreate_nfo.sh:
#!/bin/sh

head="<musicvideo><title>"
tail="</title></musicvideo>"

for i in *.mp4; do
    fname=${i%.*}.nfo
    echo $head > $fname
    echo $i >> $fname
    echo $tail >> $fname
done

just start this file in a directory with a musicvideos
autocreate_nfo.sh:
#!/bin/bash

head="<musicvideo><title>"
tail="</title></musicvideo>"

for i in *.mp4; do
    fname=${i%.*}.nfo
    echo $head > $fname
    echo $i >> $fname
    echo $tail >> $fname
done

some correction. Because I doubt that sh can interpret it.
(2023-11-11, 22:15)vasiliy123 Wrote: I finally ended creating a bunch of *.nfo files

<musicvideo><title>
filename.mp4
</title></musicvideo>
I think you need a bit more info in there to ensure Kodi library works correctly.
Here is the Music Video nfo page. You also need the Artist added. Surely you would want more info?
My Signature
it worked for me as is. To have an artist etc. would be cool, but I had no mental power to implement it Smile Because the half of a day was searching for the solution xD
(2023-11-11, 21:01)vasiliy123 Wrote: If I add the tags to the mp4, will it be parsed then somehow? I tried to add a Title tag with an exiftool, but it didn't help.

Most music file tagging applications will tag mpeg MP4 and M4A files. Kodi's music library will scan MP4 and M4A files that are tagged (If they are in folder under a 'Music Source' folder'. The files will appear in the Music Library not the Music Video library under each Artist.
So, its not necessary to embed the videos into the music-videos library? I though, that is is obligatory, since if I choose this directory as music-source no files was shown
(2023-11-12, 02:51)HomerJau Wrote:
(2023-11-11, 21:01)vasiliy123 Wrote: If I add the tags to the mp4, will it be parsed then somehow? I tried to add a Title tag with an exiftool, but it didn't help.

Most music file tagging applications will tag mpeg MP4 and M4A files. Kodi's music library will scan MP4 and M4A files that are tagged (If they are in folder under a 'Music Source' folder'. The files will appear in the Music Library not the Music Video library under each Artist.

BTW, how the tags should be named for the mp4-file be recognized by scrapper?
Same tags you use for music (audio only) files
Here is a filename scraper.  IIRC it was done for movies and I just added musicvideo capability to it.
https://github.com/scott967/metadata.com...r/releases 
You can d/l the zip and install it then select it as your mv scraper.

There is an option for video media items to read tags in mp4 and mkv. I have only tested for mp4 and it does work for title, artist, album, track, plot (comments), and maybe studio. But it won't reliably open videos for tag reading during video scans so isn't a real solution for adding to the library. There is export capability for various music tagging programs which could be used to create full nfo files. I did one for MediaMonkey 4. That's what I use for music videos (8,000+).

There is a test release ATM for Kodi that manages multiple movie versions. The author mentioned eventually adding music videos. Not sure of the status of that, but would help if you collect "music videos" that may be official MVs, performance MVs, live MVs, audio MVs etc.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Filename only scraper for musicvideos0