Information Importing watched status
Howdy
I have multiple clients that access the same library on a home server. Have noticed that if somebody watches an episode on Client A before Client B has scanned it, when Client B scans it, it is already marked as watched. I’d like to prevent this from happening.

My question is - can I edit the advanced settings file to <importwatchedstate> as false, or does this only apply to library imports and not scans? Is the alternative to use profiles? Does that even work if they are completely separate clients, as they do not share their program data, only the video library is shared - the clients have separate Kodi installs, off the server.
Just wondering if anybody is able to help with this? I have modified the advanced settings file so that <importwatchedstate> is false etc, but it is still reading the watched state on episodes that have been watched by another client. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Thank you
<importwatchedstate>false</importwatchedstate>  <!-- import previously exported playdate and playcount from .nfo files. Defaults to false -->

https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

are you using nfo files? you don't mention you are so i expect importwatched isn't even used in your scenerio

the reason you are not getting responses is probably because you have a unique setup that you do not describe in detail

what is "the server" here

(2023-11-17, 08:18)LadyBananas Wrote: off the server.

and how are the clients connected to it? shared database? mysql? mariadb? auto export on the server to nfo? files are shared via smb? nfs? other?

how are the clients scanning

need more information to even make any educated guesses
Are they sharing the library sources or the library database?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Importing watched status0