Req Improved "In Progress"/Watching TV show logic for users with smaller storage
Hi Kodi team. I keep running out of space as files get larger and storage isn't really getting significantly cheaper, so I delete episodes I've watched, but this breaks Kodi In Progress logic for TV shows, so shows I'm watching don't appear where they ideally should. Request/suggestion for improving this for users in a similar situation:

As a Kodi user with storage capacity constraints, given I delete TV show episodes that I have watched, I want Kodi to take this into account when considering whether a TV show is "In Progress", so that my In Progress list and playlists include all relevant shows.

Given the lowest season number of my media files for a TV show is >1, when I view my In Progress shows, then this show (or the lowest available episode) is present.

Given season 1 of the TV show is present in my media files but the lowest present episode number is >1, when I view my In Progress shows, then this show (or the lowest available episode) is present.

I can't think of a use case for deleting earlier episodes and seasons where they are not already watched, so I think it's fair to consider this as an improvement for standard behaviour, but it could live behind a configuration if there's more caution around changing the default behaviour.

What do you think? Would this be useful and possible?

This would be applicable for all platforms, though I'd personally be hoping for it on Android TV!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improved "In Progress"/Watching TV show logic for users with smaller storage0