Solved Kodi wakeonlan.xml for multiple NAS
Kodi´s integrated "wake up remote servers on acces" does not work (at least not for me). Error message: something like "MAC Adress cannot be read". Therefore i have created me a wakeonlan.xml like suggested in:
Wake on lan - Official Kodi Wiki
filled it with IP- and MAC Adress and safed it in the userdata folder -> Works fine with my Syno NAS!

But how must the xml look like when i want to wake up more than one NAS? Simply adding a second Block from<wakeup> to </wakeup> after the first leads to limited success: The first NAS boots (Syno) the second stays out (QNAP).

Anybody here having an idea how to modify the xml to wake up several NAS simultaneously??
Kodi 20.2 (for Windows) on Win11 HTPC
ZDMC 20.2 on Zidoo UHD3000
Thread moved to OS independent support
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
After the success of waking up the Syno i tried another wakeonlan.xml to wake up the QNAP (allone). No success with the default settings.

Any QNAP user here who would be willing to share his WOL Experiences with me?
After no sucess with the wakeonlan.xml i can recomment the Advance Wake On LAN Add-on. In the latest version (4.01 at the time of this post) this is able to wake up up to 4 individual devices.

@the admins: you can close this one here.
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi wakeonlan.xml for multiple NAS0