HDR Flags not working- [split] Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2023-12-23, 12:36)kikassridec2 Wrote: Image

Using latest nightly and love the updated skin but the studio icon seems to be half cut off any idea on how to move the icons over to the right ? Haha

Hi, how do you get the flag showing the audio track and subtitle language?  Also, all my files show as SDR even though I have many HDR files, any tips on how you got yours to display correctly.  Cheers
(2023-12-25, 13:21)Swindiff Wrote:

Using latest nightly and love the updated skin but the studio icon seems to be half cut off any idea on how to move the icons over to the right ? Haha

Hi, how do you get the flag showing the audio track and subtitle language?  Also, all my files show as SDR even though I have many HDR files, any tips on how you got yours to display correctly.  Cheers

Using v.21 hdr flag never had a problem with auto show
Re audio and subtitle I put audio type when renaming my files e.g atmos, true hs, dts.hd.ma 5.1 ect and in the skin enables show subtitle language ect as show both in the setting
(2023-12-25, 19:24)kikassridec2 Wrote:
(2023-12-25, 13:21)Swindiff Wrote:

Re audio and subtitle I put audio type when renaming my files e.g atmos, true hs, dts.hd.ma 5.1 ect and in the skin enables show subtitle language ect as show both in the setting

Many Thanks.  I have the Sub and audio language flags showing now.  So is there an addon that needs to be installed to show the HDR flags?
Cheers
(2023-12-26, 11:54)Swindiff Wrote:
(2023-12-25, 19:24)kikassridec2 Wrote:
(2023-12-25, 13:21)Swindiff Wrote: Hi, how do you get the flag showing the audio track and subtitle language?  Also, all my files show as SDR even though I have many HDR files, any tips on how you got yours to display correctly.  Cheers

Many Thanks.  I have the Sub and audio language flags showing now.  So is there an addon that needs to be installed to show the HDR flags?
Cheers

Ah do I need to be running Kodi V21, I am still on V20 as I prefer to use the stable builds.
I just upgraded to V21.0 Beta2 (20.90.821) and all my movies are still showing the SDR flag?
My naming conventions are shown in the images below.  Any ideas why this isn't working?

Dolby Vision
ImageImage

HDR10

ImageImage

HDR10+

ImageImage
(2023-12-28, 08:16)mikeSiLVO Wrote:  
(2023-12-27, 11:52)Swindiff Wrote: I just upgraded to V21.0 Beta2 (20.90.821) and all my movies are still showing the SDR flag?
My naming conventions are shown in the images below.  Any ideas why this isn't working?

I already gave you the answer...
Quote:HDR type is a new addition to Kodi. Need to do whatever Kodi requires to get the new info to the skin...

Might need to re scan/add, if you do not want to do that then make a feature request or ask in general support.

I don't know what Kodi requires though, hence my additional question including screenshots of how my files are named.  I am using Jellyfin as my backend server (I don't know if that is relevant) but I have just reset the local Kodi database in my Jellyfin Addon on my Android device which forces a rescan of my media library but all my content is still showing as SDR
(2023-12-28, 10:48)Swindiff Wrote: I don't know what Kodi requires though, hence my additional question including screenshots of how my files are named.  I am using Jellyfin as my backend server (I don't know if that is relevant) but I have just reset the local Kodi database in my Jellyfin Addon on my Android device which forces a rescan of my media library but all my content is still showing as SDR

I have no idea about Jellyfin but if hdrtype isn't provided then you should probably bring that up in their support forum. It is an available $INFO label in Kodi.
(2023-12-28, 11:03)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2023-12-28, 10:48)Swindiff Wrote: I don't know what Kodi requires though, hence my additional question including screenshots of how my files are named.  I am using Jellyfin as my backend server (I don't know if that is relevant) but I have just reset the local Kodi database in my Jellyfin Addon on my Android device which forces a rescan of my media library but all my content is still showing as SDR

I have no idea about Jellyfin but if hdrtype isn't provided then you should probably bring that up in their support forum. It is an available $INFO label in Kodi.

Jellyfin does indeed provide all the HDR info

(2023-12-28, 11:07)Swindiff Wrote: Jellyfin does indeed provide all the HDR info

If using Jellyfin as a backend then that info needs to be correctly provided to Kodi. Doesn't matter what that screen says if the information is not correctly passed to the proper $INFO labels. Your issue appears to be with that so please bring it up to the Jellyfin add-on devs.
OK, thanks Mike
(2023-12-28, 11:07)Swindiff Wrote: Jellyfin does indeed provide all the HDR info
The HDR comes from the streamdetails table... https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos#streamdetails
The very last entry in the table - strHdrType - needs to be filled with data
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-12-28, 11:40)Karellen Wrote:
The HDR comes from the streamdetails table... https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos#streamdetails
The very last entry in the table - strHdrType - needs to be filled with data
Thanks Karellen
That entry does not appear in my nfo file at all
I actually use Tiny Media Manager to produce my nfo files, so seems I am barking up the wrong tree with Jellyfin.
(2023-12-28, 11:50)Swindiff Wrote: That entry does not appear in my nfo file at all

Should look like this...
xml:
<video>
<codec>vc1</codec>
<aspect>1.777778</aspect>
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
<durationinseconds>6554</durationinseconds>
<stereomode></stereomode>
<hdrtype></hdrtype>
</video>

Accepted values for <hdrtype></hdrtype> are:
  • empty defaults to SDR;
  • hdr10;
  • dolbyvision;
  • hlg

If you contact TMM, point them to this PR... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19983
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks Karellen
I have just posted a request linking to this thread on their Reddit page.
Don't know if this the same thing you're talking about, but, I asked for TMM to write hdr type to the nfo and now it does in V5 beta.  Not sure about V4.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDR Flags not working- [split] Aeon Nox: SiLVO0